• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heading out to the south

gearwhine

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,

well, I'm finally graduating college, and I have received a job in Houston, TX. Some of you may have seen my post in the non-tech forum. But I figured I'd give you all a heads up that I wont't be around (as if I have been anyway). I plan on moving in late june. I don't believe my jeep will be done for nac-fest, or even before I leave. I will try to drive over and jump in with someone though just to see many of your for the last time in a long time. That's it. I'm sure I'll keep in touch with a few of you. Later _nicko_

Thanks guys.

Andy, My brother hasn't touched his pathfinder in a long time. I am not really sure what he's doing with it, maybe selling it. He's been really into road racing lately, taking training sessions, going out with clubs for track open days and stuff like that, he's really into it now. If I finish my jeep he's more than welcome to use it to go out with you guys when I'm gone. I'd really like to get it done enough to wheel with it one last time before I leave though. I don't have too much left.

Nicko,good luck with your new gig.I'll save a seat for you with me if you want to ride along for NacFest.

Look at it this way, Nicko - at least you're used to high humidity! (Jersey skeeters are probably bigger tho')

Best of luck in the new job and city.

NAC won't be the same without one of it's original risk takers!

MG

I'm sure I'll jump in with you Mitch, thanks for the offer.

Thanks Mike....the humidity is insane down there, nothing compared to here...I'd say even worse than the Wash DC area. I still have my first 2002 nacfest bonehead award plaque, I'll cherish that one forever.:loveu:

I did already a find a very nice looking off road club based out of houston. A bit of travel to actaully wheel, but they seem to do a good job organizing rides.

Andy in Pa. said:
I wish you the best of luck Nick. You letting Greg wheel the XJ, or is he still playing around with that Pathfinder junk.

Hey, i represent that. Haven't used it in a year or so now though. Maybe i'll just in the XJ and show you guys how to really do it. Not my truck so... :firedevil

XJBrother said:
Hey, i represent that. Haven't used it in a year or so now though. Maybe i'll just in the XJ and show you guys how to really do it. Not my truck so... :firedevil
Greg,Are you going to NacFest?

gearWHINE - so sorry for missing a word brother. this kid thinks hes smart since he just graduated college...lastara

Mitch - i'm not sure yet, maybe if i can go as one of your guests. I haven't eveen looked at when it is yet though.

gearwhine said:
I'm sure I'll jump in with you Mitch, thanks for the offer.

Thanks Mike....the humidity is insane down there, nothing compared to here...I'd say even worse than the Wash DC area. I still have my first 2002 nacfest bonehead award plaque, I'll cherish that one forever.:loveu:

I did already a find a very nice looking off road club based out of houston. A bit of travel to actaully wheel, but they seem to do a good job organizing rides.

EVERYTHING is a long drive in texas, want a kick, lay out a map of NJ then a same scale map of Tx...you can fit the whole state between houston, dallas an sanantone.... :D
Have fun, other than being flat it's an interesting place... theres a real good boot maker right across from the alamo, hand makes boots that fit like a glove but a bit pricey..

Back