• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head Bolt Differences?

svshaw82

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,
I have to buy new bolts for my 1989 4.0 engine head. Curious to know why the 96-01 bolts are 1/2 the cost of the 84-95?

I can buy a set of bolts for 96-01 for $25, while 84-95 is $60!

Looked up pictures of both sets, they look exactly the same. So why the huge difference in cost? Are they cheaper made for 96-up? or is it a thread pitch? If they really are the same, can I buy the 96 set for my 89?

On a budget, thats why Im asking. Thanks in advance all! :cheers:

They are interchangeable.

IIRC the stud above the bolt on the drivers side that the plastic clips the injector harness clip on to aren't the same diameter.

They are interchangeable.

IIRC the stud above the bolt on the drivers side that the plastic clips the injector harness clip on to aren't the same diameter.

Ok, so interchangeable means I can use them and save myself a few $$$?

The injector harness thing doesnt really make it a deal breaker for me anyway. Ive already removed all factory loom to replace / repair, and planned to just use zip ties to anchor the harness back down.

Sweet! Thanks for the quick answer!

Back