• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harlee&Tahoe are you OK?

I was on scene within 30 minutes of fire starting.
80ft. flames and 35 mph winds force feeding the furnace.
Smores anyone?
Seriously tragic, many of my friends lived in the burn zone.
Looks like napalm was dropped on the neighborhood everything leveled.
Fire came within 1/4mi. of where I live, almost burned down the high school where I attended.
Almost 2000 firefighters on scene nearly 200 homes lost.
Fire so bad it's almost impossible to tell whos house is whos, burned everything down to the mailboxes.
I wheeled Twin Peaks OHV to see burn area and it's huge/devastating to have such a disaster in right in so many backyards

Thank you for your concern that means a lot to me coming from those I haven't personally met or wheeled with. Hope to meet some of my fellow S.C. members soon.

Thanks for thinking of me and my family : rightseatsis, and XJedi23

They Lost control of fire
Fire jumped fire line I now need to exacuate my home.

Good Luck! I'm trying to get in with CalFire right now, wish I could have done it earlier.

Update us when you're safe!

We're out of harms way, sippin' on a Mirror Pond @ (wifes) grandparents.
Took more than an hour to travel 3mi. even with back roads, I know them all.
Total chaos and pandemonium! Even with the traffic and congestion everyone still courteous and friendly as can be, considering. Pretty intense.
Hope my house still stands, luckily I'm off today and tomorrow.
I'll post up any new news.

I live by a lake with lots of dry hills, and every couple years or so we have a big fire and all the neighbors come out and water their roofs down and such. When i was a small kid i remember seeing some of the houses go up, i remember being scared that ours was next despite being across the road and a block away. good luck man!

My wife tends to over-react and I'm just going to play along I believe our place is safe. Fire is heading NE of our neighborhood 2mi. from my house now.

I hope you and your family are all safe and sound and that your house is, and will continue to be, safe as well.

Just after High school my girl friends place that I was living at burned to the ground, I only lost some of my stuff but she lost everything she owned.

TRPA (AKA the Sierra Club) makes it so hard to cut down a tree on your own property up there, this may not be the firestorm it is now if clearing forest srvice land around the home was not a crime.

Fires are tragic, good luck to you and your neighbors!

Things are getting a lot better more than 2100 firefighters, 21 helicopters, and 2 air tankers to stomp out this 3100 acre blaze. Quite a response from the states of CA, and NV. I'll try to post pics later.
Thank you all!

Back