• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harlan Center Rates

I just got off the phone with Amanda at Harlan Center. Putting her phone number here, since I had a hard time finding it again.

Harlan Center - Amanda - (606) 573-4495

Reservation for Saturday, July 5th, 2014

I put a $400 deposit towards the Economy package. I had her remove the dance floor, since it would be embarrassing to see y'all dance. That brought the price from $700 to $665.

The economy package includes:

“Economy Package” $700.00 (now $665)

• 4 rooms $280.00
  • 144 Place settings 432.00
  • 26 linens 104.00
  • Kitchen fee 40.00
  • 15 x 15 dance floor 35.00 - Removed
  • ½ stage 35.00
The other potential charge we may incur is cleaning of the place settings. This is not included in the above package. At maximum use of the 144 available place settings, the additional cost would be 200. We need to check with whomever we go with for catering, to determine if they can take care of this for us. Any decorations also need to be taken down, and trash picked up and put in the trash containers. Cleaning of the rooms themselves (vacuuming) is taken care of by Harlan.

In addition, they are very flexible on pricing, depending on our numbers. So, if we have 100 people, instead of 144, we would be charged only for the 100.

David Bricker / SYR

I just got off the phone with Amanda at Harlan Center. Putting her phone number here, since I had a hard time finding it again.

Harlan Center - Amanda - (606) 573-4495

Reservation for Saturday, July 5th, 2014

I put a $400 deposit towards the Economy package. I had her remove the dance floor, since it would be embarrassing to see y'all dance. That brought the price from $700 to $665.

The economy package includes:

“Economy Package” $700.00 (now $665)

• 4 rooms $280.00
  • 144 Place settings 432.00
  • 26 linens 104.00
  • Kitchen fee 40.00
  • 15 x 15 dance floor 35.00 - Removed
  • ½ stage 35.00
The other potential charge we may incur is cleaning of the place settings. This is not included in the above package. At maximum use of the 144 available place settings, the additional cost would be 200. We need to check with whomever we go with for catering, to determine if they can take care of this for us. Any decorations also need to be taken down, and trash picked up and put in the trash containers. Cleaning of the rooms themselves (vacuuming) is taken care of by Harlan.

In addition, they are very flexible on pricing, depending on our numbers. So, if we have 100 people, instead of 144, we would be charged only for the 100.

David Bricker / SYR

That's great!

mac 'who was talking to Norma' gyvr

I believe Dirk was initially.

I can follow up and confirm the reservation with her if needed. Is that going to be chapter or national funds for the meal?

Do we need to make any adjustments on what we've reserved with the center?

Back