• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Happy Fathers Day

Werd -- I'll share a "card" another friend of mine sent me...

file.php

Happy fathers day to all the fathers on here. My parents took vacation out to saint Thomas so I was unable to tell my dad this morning before they left.

Whta's everyone doing for the day? I'm taking my son and my father fishing.

Hitting my older son's post-season baseball bbq, while we slow cook a couple of briskets (1 buffalo, 1 local beef) for dinner with my family and my father in law -- should be a great DadDay! :cheers:

Opened my presents, got a 14" chainsaw :D, going to work on the trailer, then head to White's Farm for a Father's Day meal.

Hitting my older son's post-season baseball bbq, while we slow cook a couple of briskets (1 buffalo, 1 local beef) for dinner with my family and my father in law -- should be a great DadDay! :cheers:
What are you doing to the buffalo for prep? I whacked one last fall and will be cookng an entire loin for my son's B-day next weekend.

Its already well butchered into a really lean brisket (2 thin ones actually)... so lean that we put a bit of beef fat in the center, and then some more on top so that it won't turn into leather slow cooking. With the house under construction, I don't have a gas grill, nor do I have a good slow cooking smoker in place (yet), so we're doing it in the oven. I just do a simple dry rub, cook uncovered at 350 for an hour, the add beef stock to the bottom of the roasting pan, a few onions and a touch of liquid smoke, and do another 3-4 hours at 275-300. 5 hours total and it should be cut-it-with-a-fork yummy! I just popped them in the oven, in fact! :cheers:

Its already well butchered into a really lean brisket (2 thin ones actually)... so lean that we put a bit of beef fat in the center, and then some more on top so that it won't turn into leather slow cooking. With the house under construction, I don't have a gas grill, nor do I have a good slow cooking smoker in place (yet), so we're doing it in the oven. I just do a simple dry rub, cook uncovered at 350 for an hour, the add beef stock to the bottom of the roasting pan, a few onions and a touch of liquid smoke, and do another 3-4 hours at 275-300. 5 hours total and it should be cut-it-with-a-fork yummy! I just popped them in the oven, in fact! :cheers:
Many times I put a couple of strips of bacon on top to keep it moist.

Throw some more meat on the fire because I'm goign to have to crash the party for some buffalo brisket. :D

Tom -- we cooked all the bacon this morning :D

Dutch, that's a long drive for a brisket, but I'll keep a Guinness cold for you :cheers:

:sick: I don't like Guinness at all.

Guiness Black Lager on the other hand is delicious.

oof, I thought the black lager brought the suck -- I do have 90 shilling and some fruity apricot wheat though. Maybe that's more your style ;)

90 Schilling, yes. Fruity Apricots, I think thats more up Troy's alley. :D

I guess my wife is going to cook me some steak and baked potatoes, so I won't have to crash your party after all.

I cooked the steak and potatoes, but it's better that way. :) Zac and I worked on his jeep, nice change from working on the rental. Now I'm having a nice Natty Ice. Cheap and effective.

90 Schilling, yes. Fruity Apricots, I think thats more up Troy's alley. :D

I guess my wife is going to cook me some steak and baked potatoes, so I won't have to crash your party after all.

You missed out -- I'm in a bit of a 90 shilling/brisket daze :greensmok:peace:

Mmmmmm, Sushi. I love Sushi, especially the eel variants.

I grilled my own steak (and the steaks for the family) so they were absolutely delicious. I have a secret ingredient that keeps them moist and yummy.

Back