• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

happily surprised by this

Yeah.....Poor Obama...... His gun control bill didn't pass.

The weather may be crappy here in Colorado ..... But this turned out to be a GREAT day. :thumbup: if today was "A shameful day for Congress".... They should be ashamed of themselves more often.

So ironic that America's number one top gun salesman would posture himself to be so disappointed in the failure of a bill that he himself caused to be completely useless after creating the Great American firearms panic-buy......

Has anybody been following this closely? I wasn't because it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that whatever bill managed to pass the Senate would be DOA at the House. But yesterday I started seeing some pretty far out quotes citing legislation and a real whopper attributed to Senator(the very incredibly honorable, if not well informed)Marko Rubio.

Downloadable personal NICS checks?
Felony transfer charges for borrowed firearms used in hunting violations?
Federal database of private transfers only?

The Rubio quote:
"If you have a concealed weapons permit, you do a background check. I have no problem with that. But are they going to honor that in all 50 states? If someone goes to another state to buy a gun do I have to undergo another background check, or will my concealed weapons permit be de facto proof that I am not a criminal? These are the sorts of things I hope we’ll talk about. "

Back