• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hamburger Recipes

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
So, I'm new to grilling(as in me doing the actual grilling), and my burgers are never quite cohesive enough.

What is the trick to making 'em stick, and if you have some good recipes, pease share them. I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Fergie

What I'm having for dinner tonight.

Mix in bowl:
1.5lb of ground beef.
1 egg.
About a half cup of smashed up tortillia chips.
Four tablespoons of salsa.

Make patties about 2"s thick and slightly bigger than the buns you intend to use. Cook 'em on a low heat and only flip them once.

Good eats.

Edit: That's CRASH's recipe BTW.

Fergie said:
So, I'm new to grilling(as in me doing the actual grilling), and my burgers are never quite cohesive enough.

What is the trick to making 'em stick, and if you have some good recipes, pease share them. I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Fergie

Try and find a Tupperware or similar burger press; that will make a perfect patty that grills correctly. A proper hamburger requires NO OTHER INGREDIENTS BESIDES BEEF! Make sure that you aren't using lean beef, the lack of fat keeps the meat from staying together.
If your grocery store sells "Bubba Burgers" in the freezer section, give them a try. They are preformed patties that you drop on the grill straight from the freezer. Most of the other brands are terrible, but I swear the Bubba Burgers are more addictive than heroin.

The secret to getting them to stick together is to compress them, make a ball about 1/4 to 1/2lb and pretend you're making a tight snowball, then flatten it out to the correct size. I like to add a bit of black pepper and sometimes some worschester sauce, just a squirt. Then I put some cooking spray on the grill before putting the burgers on. About 3 min on a side.
The tupperware burger maker is also good, you can get good compression and I use ours when I have to go into 'production' for company or I'm making up a dozen plus for the freezer.

For cheeze burgers I use real chedder not those plastic wrapped squares of chemicals...

Jes said:
What I'm having for dinner tonight.

Mix in bowl:
1.5lb of ground beef.
1 egg.
About a half cup of smashed up tortillia chips.
Four tablespoons of salsa.

Make patties about 2"s thick and slightly bigger than the buns you intend to use. Cook 'em on a low heat and only flip them once.

Good eats.

Edit: That's CRASH's recipe BTW.

I'm writing this one down -- it sounds like a great twist.

Matthew

One of my personal favorites is to take regular ground beef, and make a regular burger. Then take a slide of onion horisontally so you have all the rings and place it inside the burger. As the burger cookes it adapts to the juices of the onion and you have a very moist delicious tastey as fawkin hell burger!

I did:

1.75 pounds of beef, mixed with a half roll of pork sausage, in conjunction with Crash's recipe.

These burgers are freakin tasty.

Thanks all. Hope this helps some others too.

Fergie

Fergie said:
I did:

1.75 pounds of beef, mixed with a half roll of pork sausage, in conjunction with Crash's recipe.

These burgers are freakin tasty.

Thanks all. Hope this helps some others too.

Fergie

I use pork for venison and ground hog burgers...othewise they are too dry..

We like to mix the ground beef with real shredded cheddar, and a fair amount of real bacon bits. And the key was stated above, only flip once.:chef:

I pound of hamburger
(I don't measure...)
A few dashes of wortishire sause
A few shakes of Tony Chachere's
A dash or two of Louisiana hot sause if you are bold enough
One egg
salt and pepper

Squish it all together
Make them in to two inch patties
throw them on to a hot grill to sear them
turn dow nthe grill
let cook untill the juice comes up to he top of the patties
turn them over.
cook to taste.

mdl said:
One of my personal favorites is to take regular ground beef, and make a regular burger. Then take a slide of onion horisontally so you have all the rings and place it inside the burger. As the burger cookes it adapts to the juices of the onion and you have a very moist delicious tastey as fawkin hell burger!

Sounds good - except I can't eat onions (damn nuisance allergy...) I do tend to use a lot of garlic - I'll have to chew on this one (no pun intended) and see what I end up doing next time...

5-90

I try to use the lean ground beef (93/7) Make it into a ball,and squeeze it like a snow ball,flatten to about 1" a dash of Whatsthishere sauce,pepper and garlic salt,Grill to medium rare.
Those Bubba burgers are pretty good for a factory burger,a lot of fat though---maybe why there good.
Wayne

Start with 95% lean ground sirloin.
add a few dashes of Cayane
add a few dashes of Terriaki
add a dashes of Jack Daniels or Yukon Jack if you prefer a sweeter taste.
Place on a HOT grill, sear each side.

Cook to level of doneness that you want. Cover with Grated Regiano

Rev

Last edited:
Simple but effective..

1lb ground beef
1 pack Liptons onion soup mix
tblsp of whosthewhore sauce
mix it up, smash it out, grill it

going to have to try these.. sound delicious
BTW.. none of the fake cheese for me either

Look around your house for keys.
Get in your car and drive to the nearest Fast Food place.
Order your favorite burger.
Take a bite, while your still at the window, then throw it back in there and tell 'em it tastes like chit.
Go back home, and use one of these recipies on the thread.
Eat well.

12GaugeXJ said:
Look around your house for keys.
Get in your car and drive to the nearest Fast Food place.
Order your favorite burger.
Take a bite, while your still at the window, then throw it back in there and tell 'em it tastes like chit.
Go back home, and use one of these recipies on the thread.
Eat well.

Not a bad suggestion, my preferred buger place is Fudruckers....

Back