• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Half and Half - My Build Thread

Wtfs with the teflon tape on your brake fittings? And what are those brass adapters, metric to 3/8? Also how do you like brakes now, I did it on my mj and it's great besides maybe some air still. Is your pedal spongy at all?

Brass adapters are metric to standard. Love the brakes now. They're mildly spongy just because I didn't give a rats ass about bleeding them all that great since I'll be cracking the system open in another month anyway for rear discs.

Got my new mirrors in. Not the best quality but for $30 a piece, now I won't have to live with a strobe light effect in the cab due to broken mirrors.

photo11-1_zpsbc70da4c.jpg

photo21-1_zps81987fcf.jpg

Still waiting on the Carter fuel pump assembly and new lock ring as well as my JCR fuel tank skid and nutserts. Going wheeling at the end of the month now that the motor is finally broken in, so hopefully I'll have all the loose ends tied up before then. May end up doing 2x6 rocker replacements before then as well...

Got some stuff done over the last few weeks. Picked up a Warn M8000 winch and repainted the front bumper-

newwinch2_zpse52545f9.jpg

newwinch_zpsc5c72bdc.jpg

Got my new Carter fuel pump assembly installed along with a new lock ring for good measure.

oldfpandnew_zps036a5fc7.jpg

newfuelpump_zps24d779db.jpg

Got my JCR tank skid and nutstrips in. Man this thing is beefy. Got it partially painted but ran out of paint...
JCRskidandnutstrips_zpsa9260445.jpg

This is how it installs right?
JCRhoodscoop_zps4acc6b48.jpg

Found an Artec quart case locally. Brand new and already painted-
quartcase_zps7f1ede46.jpg

Figured I'd recess it into the rear quarter panel area, so I could still have space for cargo/my dog. On the right side I had to trim some of the metal out in order to get it to fit-
precut_zps0704c9f1.jpg

quartcasemockedup_zps6ce4cbcf.jpg

And bolted down-
quartcaseinstalled_zps792c648e.jpg

Not pretty but it works.

Then got bored and started trying to remove some of my crappy old tint. Actually got the entire back half done. Not too worried about the doors as I'll be upgrading to 97+ doors shortly.
tintremoved_zps91116148.jpg

The boredom continued and I figured I'd spray the chrome trim on the hatch black.
trimmasked_zpsc901b7fb.jpg

trimpainted_zpsbf94cf91.jpg

60ba1387-19e0-424f-9fe2-ea5babfbc381_zpse34169e4.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a Daystar winch isolator to act as a line weight when the winch is in use-
winchisolator_zpsea8a2685.jpg

Boxed in my LCA mounts with some Currie pieces (great fit and easy for a guy like me with no fab skills)-
LCAskids_zps7d922ab7.jpg

LCAskids_zps410474e8.jpg

And found a '99 locally being parted out so I picked up some interior upgrades on the cheap. New back seat and center console!

Out with the old-
oldbackseats_zps6c2b20bd.jpg

In with the new-
Newbackseats_zps5b9bbbf9.jpg

oldconsole2_zpsfe632179.jpg

oldconsole1_zps8b4d300a.jpg

consolegone_zps0c17f18c.jpg

Newconsolein_zpsc9aa471b.jpg

And since I was messing with the interior, I got around to mounting my fire extinguisher so it stops rolling around on my floorboard-
fireextmounted_zpsfed19f0d.jpg

Got on the ramp to measure for new Bilsteins. I was still using crappy RC 3'' shocks with my new 4.5'' lift so it's long overdue. Ordered up some new 5100 shocks, which should be here fairly soon. Not bad travel for a short arm 4.5'' lift...
RTIrampfront_zpsb53869e0.jpg

81b6c234-7b0e-4609-968f-b6b62b0e9dae_zps7d60f160.jpg

extended_zps30db7f65.jpg

Last edited:
Back