• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Had to modify my front winch bumper.

stumpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
This bumper started its life on my old Toyota Tacoma, then when I got the XJ, I modified it to fit it instead of starting from scratch. I dont recall it being too terribly hard to adapt. Anyway, this bumper has seen tons of trails all over the world, and many, many full winch pulls, along with countless snatches via a snatch strap, and on one occasion the stinger preventing me from flipping over on my lid. I want to eventually build a new bumper, but for now this one has proven itself quite well, so it lives on for a little while longer.

Here it is on the old Taco,

SS100280.jpg

Modified to fit on the XJ, with a standard style winch.

DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

A while back, I got a free Warn 8274 winch from my fathers buddy. It was in rough shape, but was salvageable.

I rebuilt it about a year ago, and its been sitting on shelf ever since.

DSCN1126.jpg

DSCN1306-1.jpg

Now, because I moved my smittybilt winch to the rear of my jeep:

DSCN1892.jpg

I needed to get this 8274 mounted on the front.

I was able to utilize the old winchplate itself, so the location of the new winch doesnt stick out any further than the old winch. The new winch is obviously higher, but I would rather it be a little high, not loose any more approach angle, and not have to cut my grill up. Turned out pretty good I think.

Still have to wire up the solenoid box, and paint the bumper. Tomorrow is another day.

DSCN1917.jpg

DSCN1916.jpg

DSCN1915.jpg

DSCN1914.jpg

DSCN1913.jpg

DSCN1912.jpg

~ Stump

them welds look reel purdy boy

What so great about the 8274? I dont really know alot about warn winch, so can someone explain it for me

Its an older warn winch that is just indestructable as all hell

Never fails Stump, looks amazing as usual! :cheers:

Back