• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

h-townxj prerunner build

Were running 33x12.50 15 on some cheap steel cragars right now. But that may change these are pretty old now

ya I'm gonna cage it I just have to buy all of the tubes I have the bender jet lacking the hundreds of dollars for all the tube. Plus the plating that I'm working on this week along with other small stuff. After I get the cage I'm probably going to mount up some foa coilovers just to get spring rates right. Then I'll place them on my tj after I'm done testing. Then I'll buy something nicer still undecided on the brand though.

OH THE REAR WINDOW..... Lol no real reason just Because I guess lol.

So plans for today is wire wheel off all of that wonderful undercoating FML on the bright side all of the plates should be atleast tacked on tomarrow. But the mig is out of gas and wire so I gotta fill it up.

Oh no it's not hard it's just a big freakin mess that's all lol.

Got a few pics early this morning of my three and a half money pits
cbdae9b8.jpg

d048965f.jpg

69240ce9.jpg

my bike is a bit upset that I'm negleting it for the xj but it's ok it got some new parts and an oil change today

Umm well pretty much waiting for my paycheck so I can buy some tubing lol. Found the new power plant for her it's. 383 stroker that my buddy has for a couple hundred bucks. But the cage is the main objective right now. Frame rails are plated just don't have any pics right now. I'll take some hopefully next week I'll be working till Sunday so just waiting for next week to go back to my other job which is the Cherokee

So made a quick sketch of my current cage plan. Will have a tube dash and console. X brace in b and c pillar also x across the roof. A "v" in the windsheild and of course add plates to tie into the pillars in the body. After the engine swap I'll add an engine cage

e539184f.jpg

just out of curiosity what kind of suspension are you planning on running? i know you just put a lift kit on but are you going to build up some suspension for this bad motha? all around rig or.... whats this bad boy getting built for?

Well the plan so far is to link the rear and longarm the front in the end. But right now just wanted to get something under it. Plan is to run a 3 link front and rear. With coilovers and eventually bypasses. Was thinking about running the fox internal bypass coilovers but well see.
It's not gonna be a dual purpose really besides driving on the road a bit. Mostly to run out at pismo and at the sand drags for fun. And hit the dezert whenever we can. I just with this build could go faster but oh well.

Well I'm think about making the cage come out of the roof. Which I'm still debating kind of like a hibrid inner/exo cage. Which I would feel could make the engine cage/ coilover mounts even easier. The x in the door will bend into the door doors will be gutted. But may not end up an x just one bar. Well see how it turns out when the building of the cage starts in 2 weeks if all goes to plan. Also no back seat in the jeep maybe one bucket but proIbably not. But in all reality it's only ideas until the tube starts bending.

Well I'm think about making the cage come out of the roof. Which I'm still debating kind of like a hibrid inner/exo cage. Which I would feel could make the engine cage/ coilover mounts even easier. The x in the door will bend into the door doors will be gutted. But may not end up an x just one bar. Well see how it turns out when the building of the cage starts in 2 weeks if all goes to plan. Also no back seat in the jeep maybe one bucket but proIbably not. But in all reality it's only ideas until the tube starts bending.

If you're not running back seats, consider moving the B-hoop 6-8" behind the B-pillar, to give you more space for the front seat area. If you're running any cross bracing on the B-hoop, that's where the front seats stop going back. Notice that the front seat backs are behind the B-pillar when they're all the way back? A B-hoop lined up with the B-pillar without cross bracing that will allow the seat to move under/inside it will intrude into the shoulder/head area.

Definatly a good point! Moving the b pillar bar back will be on the list of changes. I pretty much redesign this thing daily lol. Just with the cage it's one of those want to make sure it's right the first time. Which reminds me I need to pay my NAXJA dues tonight! Finally got the extra money for it.

Back from the dead!!! So some bad news if you want to call it that. The v6 in the ChrOakie has oficially died. Well I mean it's still alive enough for me to rev it out and watch it blow but that's later. So starting tomarrow night the car is getting gutted. From front to middle(back is missing one day I'll find it) and the new heart comes home next Friday. And let's just say she won't be a slow pos anymore and the d35 will grenade the first day I drive it.
Going in Is a sbc 350 with some bolt on goodies dyno'd at the crank with 330hp and 350tq Which considering the stock v6 is rated at 115hp that's quite the jump. Also turbo350 tranny with a mild shift kit. Bye bye 4wd also. So expect some updates in the next couple weeks plan is to have the car rolling under it's own power, caged and new bumpers ect. By the end of august. Just need to goto the wrecking yard and fins a 2wd beam. Maybe when my buddy is asleep I'll steal his out of his wj. Anyways done rambleing. Questions concerns complaints write back. I would start tonight but my shaggy self needs a haircut.

I can take some tonight honestly I'm not happy with how I did it and am planning on redoing it more like bajaxj's are but mine was a limited time thing knowing I was goig to change it later

Here's some pictures of the current rear fenders as requested. Just keep in mind that this is temporary and a hack job really. All we did what slit and fold the fenders in and then welded them to the current inbred fender. Then for the back I cut a square out of the stock hood and tacked it and bent it into place. It ain't pretty but it helps some with keeping stuff out of the back
3d66056a.jpg

fd1dd32d.jpg

97785044.jpg

And here's some currents pics of how far I've gotten in ripping the old engine out basically wiring harness is gone ac is gone and vaccume accesorys along with the washer tank and the overflow tank along with many other misc parts. Got a ways to go but his has all been mainly after 12hours of work I come home and work on it for an hour or so while the girlfriend makes dinner. But nect week I'll have alot more time and the motor tranny tcase and driveshafts will be pulled
eba5fa52.jpg

ef7cd0f5.jpg

1ade2292.jpg

Back