• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GUNS & AMMO

GUNS & AMMO

Nope, I'm leaving it just the way it is. Only mods it has now is the recoil buffer inside the receiver cover and the removal of the fixed magazine. I also just ordered an extended magazine release for it. 5$ part w/ 10$ shipping. :rolleyes:

I'm undecided if I'm going to machine the barrel on my other one and put it back together or not. I might keep it as spare parts for this one. Even if I do out it back together I'll probably just put a factory style or monte carol stock on it instead of the bull pup one.

Seems like it's proposed with good intentions........ but really, the armed guard idea only makes the guards a "primary target". Once a gunman has identified the guard or guards and taken them out...... it's still a "soft target" rich environment.

Folks just need to continue to carry concealed regardless if the business doesn't allow for it. What are they gonna do if they find you're carrying? Ask you to leave is about all they can.......

I'm still waiting to see businesses start advertising "We encourage armed customers."

But I gotta tell ya......... I'm still a little concerned at the fact that if a civilian takes action against an armed assailant...... the potential for confusion by other armed people (civilians and/or responding cops) to be unsure who the bad guy is and a good guy gets taken out...... But how do you realistically reduce/eliminate that possibility? I guess if a long-gun is present you shoot that guy.... :dunno:

Last edited:
its annoying to me that i can only buy four boxes of ammo per day at my favorite ammo store
but that also means i purchased 12 boxes instead of 10 over friday, saturday, sunday :)

dear frank...just refilled my pouches...you just gotta know where to look

BTW, I'm looking to get a 30-30 lever action carbine and/or a .38/357Mag lever action carbine. Let me know if you've got grandpa's old gun and are looking to get rid of it.

GUNS & AMMO

I'm thinking of selling off my SGWorks bullpup conversion stock for the SKS. Anybody interested? It was 230$ w/ a 6 month lead time. Barely used, but painted tan w/ rustoleum.

I might be interested is it universal for most sks's?

Seems like it's proposed with good intentions........ but really, the armed guard idea only makes the guards a "primary target". Once a gunman has identified the guard or guards and taken them out...... it's still a "soft target" rich environment.

But I gotta tell ya......... I'm still a little concerned at the fact that if a civilian takes action against an armed assailant...... the potential for confusion by other armed people (civilians and/or responding cops) to be unsure who the bad guy is and a good guy gets taken out...... But how do you realistically reduce/eliminate that possibility? I guess if a long-gun is present you shoot that guy.... :dunno:

These are my concerns about this whole thing. I understand the thought that legislating training is just more legislation too, but most people who carry have no training with live and panic situations. Being able to hit your target at a range is not training for a volatile situation. When the good guys (LEO) get to a scene, how do they discern who is a good guy vs. bad guy in such a situation. I believe that puts LEOs in danger.

I can also see a scenario like "The theater shooting" being an even bigger problem if people were carrying. It was all panic and mayhem. I can see several well intentioned people shooting themselves, each other, and hopefully the shooter. I wonder how many people would have been shot in the back of the head by an untrained but well intentioned person who just pulled and emptied his gun in the direction of the flashes?

I have a friend who is an Army Ranger. If I'm ever in a situation like that, I would hope he and others like him would be the only ones carrying for the sake of everyone involved. I would like to believe everyone who carries would have the restraint to only draw thier weapon when they know the outcome was what they actually intended and not just a knee jerk reaction that will be accompanied by a "well I had a shot so I took it and I didn't mean to hit those other people..... sorry".

Another friend who is ex Special Forces told me he believes paint balling is a decent training for people who carry. Any comments?:dunno:

for civilians, paint ball is a game. you dont really move or shoot in paintball like you would in a real threat environment. active shooter scenarios with simunition would be a better option. that way you're training with the weapon (or something very close to it) you would actually be carrying day to day.

but... would making such training easily obtained by the public be a good thing or bad thing? it wouldnt be hard for the bad guys to slip in and get the same training and access the same tactics that we use, only to use them against us...

I've heard tactical teams say "If anyone ever knew what we did, we wouldn't be any good at it."

I've heard tactical teams say "If anyone ever knew what we did, we wouldn't be any good at it."

I kinda LOL at that. Swatters are an odd sort and tend to be VERY full of themselves. They train and train, then go put their tactics all over YouTube as "Training Aids".....When they retire, they teach seminars to civilians on Swat-style tactics for a fee...... And they're the ones running around with those special stickers on their personal cars that only those in Swat are supposed to display...... letting the crooks know where all the GOOD guns and stuff to steal can be found...... :rolleyes:

Another friend who is ex Special Forces told me he believes paint balling is a decent training for people who carry. Any comments?:dunno:

If the participants go to learn and understand the discipline involved in using cover and moving/shooting...... then yes.

The best situation to learn shot placement, target assessment and acquisition would be in an arena set up with an urban setting. The paint ball guns should be semi-auto and not those crazy guns that fire hundreds of rounds as fast as you can flap the oversized trigger. A single shot semi-auto style gun would keep it more realistic and allow folks to learn to count their rounds...... Use single stack hoppers too, not the big 60 round ones.

Years back, I joined 9 other Deputies after we'd worked together in the Jail for about a year and played paint ball up in the national forest area above Evergreen. We rented pump-action guns and played capture the flag.... utilizing the training from our academy and our mentors to get comfortable with utilizing cover and movement. The paint balls just added that little "punishment" if we screwed up....... so to speak. Being the sniper guarding the flag was the most intense position to have.......

After the first year, the guy that owned the place we rented the guns from asked if he and his competitive team could come up and play against us on our nifty little national forest place we'd found. Yeah, that went well. They brought those high capacity/rapid fire guns and tore us up...... all they had to do was hide behind the paint balls...... those guns provided them with all the cover they needed. The only times we succeeded in taking one of 'em out was to simply lay and wait...... then pray our first couple rounds hit the mark..... otherwise, it was pretty much a suicide mission.......

But I digress..... :D

Last edited:
yes, that was exactly the way he explained it. Semi auto, limited capacity, urban setting.

I saw an article a while back about a place that would convert your existing firearms to fire paintball rounds safely enough that you could shoot at other people with a gun you know how to handle. Would be interesting to see how they do it.

So much for lever action hunt, I just picked up this gem today. Its a Winchester Model 94 30-30 made in 1961. Its in great shape and I truly regret that I dropped it down a well shortly after taking this picture.

Winchester.jpg

My wife played with the picture a bit on her iphone
Winchester2.jpg

Winchester1.jpg

I'd still like to get a 357 lever action w/ matching SA revolver just for ammo sharing.

I should also be getting a New Frontier Polymer lower by the end of the week. Its stripped and I'm tring to decide how I want to put it together. I will probably do a standard 5.56 upper but am considering 9mm or .45 ACP as an alternative. After seeing what the ammo stores seem to be able to keep on the shelf I'm actually considering .243 WSSM as an alternative.

Butter fingers :twak:.......... Well at least you got a pic before it's demise.

Back