• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GrayRock Ride/Meet Greet

If there's still room, I'd like to go, if not, I don't want to be the guy that causes the "crowd". (31's and open)

FYI, I just looked at the GrayRock website and they don't have this on the calendar yet.

Last edited:
clay said:
If there's still room, I'd like to go, if not, I don't want to be the guy that causes the "crowd". (31's and open)

FYI, I just looked at the GrayRock website and they don't have this on the calendar yet.

FYI I rented the park it will not show up on the calendar. You are more than welcome to come. I believe there is going to be some smaller class guys running around. Anyone can cause a crowd, there is some stock trails, if you don't have a winch, bring some tow straps.

Hey man you sell the d44?

edit: I can lead some of the smaller tire guys around if need be.

clay said:

ill be there on 31s open as well

clay said:

You gonna finally make it up for some play in da dirt?? Don't expect any NorCal style wheelin over here! But I'm sure we can find a place to get you stuck.:D
It'll be nice to meet you finally!:wave1:
Andy (32's/open)

ZachMan said:
Hey man you sell the d44?

edit: I can lead some of the smaller tire guys around if need be.
So, you're not selling that perty heep of yours? Or did you get another you wanna actually use.....:scared:

ChuckstrPT said:
You gonna finally make it up for some play in da dirt?? Don't expect any NorCal style wheelin over here! But I'm sure we can find a place to get you stuck.:D
It'll be nice to meet you finally!:wave1:
Andy (32's/open)

Yes, finally I will get to play in Alabama!! I am really looking forward to it. The past 18 months have been crazy (wife pregnant with twins, broken bones, and taking the family to Disney World--since we're now close enough to drive--instead of wheeling). Now that all of that stuff is out of the way, I should have more time to explore the southeast for jeep trails.

Last edited:
ChuckstrPT said:
So, you're not selling that perty heep of yours? Or did you get another you wanna actually use.....:scared:

har har

we'll see who uses there Jeep real soon :loveu:

Not sure how much time I got on earth, better make the best of it, lol.

clay said:
Yes, finally I will get to play in Alabama!! I am really looking forward to it. The past 18 months have been crazy (wife pregnant with twins, broken bones, and taking the family to Disney World--since we're now close enough to drive--instead of wheeling). Now that all of that stuff is out of the way, I should have more time to explore the southeast for jeep trails.

i was at dw over the break....it was nice weather...a lil chili at times but nice, you should enjoy this ride alot. i am looking foreword to it.

I would like to think I will have my buggy done by then. But I doubt it. But then again it is possible. I have my built front dana 44 for sale with a low low price. with all the spares. 1,000.00

So, is this event still on??:dunno: the date is closing in on us..:sunshine:

I'm out, more chemo then transplant at MD Anderson.

sounds as if everyone that said they would go can't go, If I can find enough people it is still on. it takes 7 people. I will let everyone know monday evening.

ZachMan:

sorry to hear about your trouble. If there is anything I can do to help out let me know.

caglezxj said:
sounds as if everyone that said they would go can't go, If I can find enough people it is still on. it takes 7 people. I will let everyone know monday evening.
So, I'm guessing this is Off?

yes, i just called ORC and cancelled, he gave me a credit for another time. sorry it could not work out for everyone.

caglezxj said:
yes, i just called ORC and cancelled, he gave me a credit for another time. sorry it could not work out for everyone.

It actually works out much better for me, since I'm starting a new job on Monday, in Bham, and have to move our family into my inlaws this weekend!:puke:
BUT---I must say that I'm disappointed in our group. This was our first try at a Grayrock Meeting for SEC NAXJA, YOU stepped up to get it organized, and put down a deposit, AND gave US 4-5 months lead time, and we couldn't get 10 people to commit. Being local to Bama, I must say I am disappointed. Even with my move going on, I was planning on taking time, atleast half a day, and paying my $75 to meet our group. And it's not Grayrock that was the attraction. As a member of CAOS, I've done work days there, and trail rides there, and will again. :soapbox:
Oh well.......

Yeah, I had a few friends willing to go but not enough to make up for the people who canceled. I understand things come up. Maybe there will be a next time. I will be building a house soon and my jeep might be sold as well. So I will have to build a buggy next year maybe we can make things work then. No hard feelings at all guys. Shit happens. Have a safe weekend.

Back