• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GrayRock Ride/Meet Greet

35117 is the zip down there.

ChuckstrPT said:
Mapquest says 2.5 hours. Check out the latest issue of 4wheel Drive and Sport Utility Mag for a good article on CAOS and GrayRock, lots of pics...:clap:

was this the fall for all???

Man there were like 5 XJs on the CAOS ride yesterday...none of them but one guy knew anything about them though.

- Guy with a d35 rear on 35s
- guy wiith a cheap tube bumper and winch that will rip his unibody in pieces
- guy thinking 4.88s were gonna work on his 8.25
- guy saying he needed his rear swaybar
lol

ZachMan said:
Man there were like 5 XJs on the CAOS ride yesterday...none of them but one guy knew anything about them though.

- Guy with a d35 rear on 35s
- guy wiith a cheap tube bumper and winch that will rip his unibody in pieces
- guy thinking 4.88s were gonna work on his 8.25
- guy saying he needed his rear swaybar
lol
Yeh, I missed it....sorry, I'm stuck in the web wheelin world.....:rattle:

dspilot said:
Where is grayrock? How far of a drive from Chattanooga? I might be interested if I can have my junk trail ready by then.

If you go and NOS goes, I may try to make it. Maybe caravan down there? It's just outside Birmingham I'm pretty sure.

What else do you need to do to get trail ready?

-Kevin

Towhooks up front mainly. I am still looking around for some. I would like to get my BB on, but its not really necessary. I also gotta get my fuel pump changed. I get pretty crappy engine performance after its been running for about an hour. Would I be able to do the ride on 30" BFG ATs?

dspilot said:
Towhooks up front mainly. I am still looking around for some. I would like to get my BB on, but its not really necessary. I also gotta get my fuel pump changed. I get pretty crappy engine performance after its been running for about an hour. Would I be able to do the ride on 30" BFG ATs?

I will not comment if you can make it or not, there is stock trails, but after the last nearly stocker on 32" did not end up so good. But if you hang with the smaller guys you should be fine.

dspilot said:
You can have some fun. I've been there stock, and now 3 inches on 32's open, and it's fun.
Here I am on The Canyon, I think it's considered "medium" It'd be easier with a locker!
FallforAll06014.jpg

and here is a link to the latest map of the park(some of the guys from CAOS put in some time on it). It's pretty big. 2200 acres.
http://www.grayrockorv.com/images/GRORVmap.JPG

caglezxj said:
Well go, who or what is stopping you?
Ok, I have been building my xj . I rebuilt the motor put the lift on. I got 29 sp axles frome alloy usa should be here tomorrow allong with a true trac. I gotta order 456s f/r I want to lock the front and put some c/m axles in but have'nt decided on locker type. I want to do it right b/c my 2000 tj I broke 7 axles. I have learned to build axles pretty good. Any input on the lockers would be great. It shouldn't take to long to put it together. thats the only thing thats holding me back, but I should be done by then .:laugh:

If it is a front, you need to run a detroit locker. I sell Randy's stuff, Give me a go at your parts. i have a built 44 with chromo, and a bunch of spare stuff for sale. will give you a good deal, and it is ready to bolt up.

klcs said:
Ok, I have been building my xj . I rebuilt the motor put the lift on. I got 29 sp axles frome alloy usa should be here tomorrow allong with a true trac. I gotta order 456s f/r I want to lock the front and put some c/m axles in but have'nt decided on locker type. I want to do it right b/c my 2000 tj I broke 7 axles. I have learned to build axles pretty good. Any input on the lockers would be great. It shouldn't take to long to put it together. thats the only thing thats holding me back, but I should be done by then .:laugh:

caglezxj said:
If it is a front, you need to run a detroit locker. I sell Randy's stuff, Give me a go at your parts. i have a built 44 with chromo, and a bunch of spare stuff for sale. will give you a good deal, and it is ready to bolt up.
Yea its for the front I was thinking of building up the 30 but that 44 sounds good. What is the 44 geared to,I got myalloy usa axles today 29sp and true track. The only thing that scares me is that the axle is cut down behind the splines.they say that it makes it stronger, but thats where my tj broke its axles. I will call you before I order my next parts.

klcs said:
Yea its for the front I was thinking of building up the 30 but that 44 sounds good. What is the 44 geared to,I got myalloy usa axles today 29sp and true track. The only thing that scares me is that the axle is cut down behind the splines.they say that it makes it stronger, but thats where my tj broke its axles. I will call you before I order my next parts.

It is geared 5:13's but I could give you the gears and install kit for what ever gears you want to run at cost. I need this thing gone so I can put all the goodies in my dana 60.

dang it I'mma need to put a down payment on that thing, lol.

Who is bringing a 110v welder? Who has a small pancake style air compressor they could bring. I am bringing a generator some scrap steel and a cutting torch. We need to get a list up of who is coming and what they are bringing.

count me in for friday and sat...

Back