• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got laid off today

Lee 94XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well my company decided to outsource the network and server functions so me and two other guys got laid off this morning. I was coming up on 6 years of service there.

We all kinda knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Just a matter of when. I'd been pretty unhappy there for a while anyway, so I'm more excited about what lies ahead than what I'm leaving behind.

Even though it was our only source of income, my family's going to be ok for a while thanks to the severance package. For the next 5 months I'll get paid the same rate plus medical coverage. We lost dental and vision coverage though.

So at least I've got a little time to think about what I'm gonna do next. The fam and I are still planning to hit Tellico next weekend if anybody can make it.

Sorry but I am sure things will work out for you all.

Really wish we could but the Family Protrait is this weekend...Have fun in Tellico.

this sucks, at least you still have time to look for a job. i don't think i wwill make it next weekend the ball joints are busted and i'm not having any luck getting them out.

Lee man Bummer! Hopefully you get some leads and find something better locally.

I 2x heather's 'have fun in Tellico' I can't wait to get back there... for my next trick, watch me kill all four tires, and ride home to Robbins on me rims.

Lee sorry to hear it. I like the positive attitude though. Good luck to you!!!!!!

Phil

Go hit the trails to get a perspective on whats important in life. It will help you sort some things out. I'm a contract engineer. My contract ran out this week as well. I'm out hussling for work. Things are really tight here, but thngs always seem to work out. I recommend starting to look asap, though.

Well, I'm going to take it kinda easy the next couple of weeks and get some perspective like you said. Today I went hiking with one of the other guys that got fired. It was a beautiful hike. The fall colors are at their peak here. We thought how ironic (and nice) it was that we were getting paid to hike instead of sitting in the office. Of course I realize that it's not real life and that eventually I'll be back in the grind, but I allowed myself to enjoy the moment anyway. Next week I was gonna be on vacation anyway. I'm going to be doing some maintenance on the Jeep and then we're going to Tellico Fri and Sat for some wheelin.

The thing is that I don't want to keep doing what I've been doing the rest of my life. That's why I want to really think things through before I jump into another job doing the same thing.

I hope that you are able to find work soon Tom. Congrats on your election to prez btw. I hope you can come out and wheel with us sometime.

Sorry to hear you're looking for a j.o.b.. Enjoy your free time while you have it. I have been self employed for 14 years now, and I never get used to not having work. Seems like when I am working I always have big plans for my Jeep, to do lists for the times I'm not working. Then reality hits and I have no work, therefore no money for the big plans :mad: Good luck job hunting, and have fun at Tellico!

Back