• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got it done!

XJ Bob

NAXJA Forum User
Well I got my lift installed, went the lazy (fast) route and paid a shop to install it.

What I have:

'92 XJ Briarwood 4.0L, auto and Selectrac TC.

All lift parts are Rubicon Express.

What I did:

Bought the 4.5 in. Superflex, upgraded to adjustable upper & lower control arms.

This kit uses the leaf packs from the 3.5 kit and adds shackles. I left out the shackles so it has 3.5 springs in the rear and 4.5 coils in front. It still sits about 1 inch high in the rear! That's fine with me, it could settle some and sometimes I have hiking friends and gear in the back.

The TC drop is installed and I have driven it in Full time 4x4 with no noticable vibrations. :)

I have 235x85x16 Firestone Destination M/T tires (31.7x9.25) mounted on Cragar Soft 8, 16x7 with 4 in. BS.

Only driven it on the street so far, no sign of rubbing on the control arms yet. No fender trimming at this time.

It looks like total lift height (including tires) is about 7 inches above stock.

Every time I look it at it I get an nice Testosterone surge! :-D

XJ Bob said:
Every time I look it at it I get an nice Testosterone surge! :-D

I say that to my wife, but she rolls her eyes and says she's going shopping again. ;)

RE makes some great stuff. Their lifts always account for sag from heavy bumpers and so forth. No one else I know of does it like that.

jwalter04 said:
How about some pictures.

I do have a couple of pictures but I can't find info on how to post them. I seem to remember reading that I need to have them hosted at another site?

I haven't done much with pictures on forums so I'm kinda dumb in that area. :dunno:

XJ Bob said:
I do have a couple of pictures but I can't find info on how to post them. I seem to remember reading that I need to have them hosted at another site?

I haven't done much with pictures on forums so I'm kinda dumb in that area. :dunno:
www.Photobucket.com

They'll help you with everything.

However, this might have been a better thread for the 'Picture Forum'.

At any rate, sounds like you've got a nice rig going there!

for a second, i thought the first pic was the final. Looks good, never seen that color before!

XJ Bob said:
OK, lets see if these work.

Jeepbefore.jpg

Jeep3.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/flintlock_bob/Jeep3.jpg

Jeepafter.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/flintlock_bob/Jeepafter.jpg

Looks good!
I like the woodys. I think that is the first red woody I've seen though.

Hale

I like it! Where'd you get the visor? I want one.

that thing is freaking sweeeeeeet

Thank's everyone! I really like it. I like red on vehicles but I've seen a few XJ's that are solid red and it just seems too much but the wood sides on mine break it up and I like the way it looks.

And for Kloker the visor was on the XJ when I bought it, I don't know if it was an option or an add on but I like it too, even has running lights. :)

Back