• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got impact gun happy - Broke off TC linkage stud on TC case while upgrading to Heims

Thanks for for making a great product not overpriced like JB conversions price.
Its so simple its genius. ...compared to the stock hot mess of a linkage

Update...

So I got everything fit together today and had a few more hangups that had to be addressed:

1) The TC arm recieved from KingKong had a bit too much play in it. I could rotate it about 10 degrees before it started putting any leverage on the TC shifter. I had to make a shim that took up the slack.

2) From breaking off the stud, I had this little bit of extra length sticking out under the bolt. So, I could tighten the bolt (for the hole I tapped), but the arm could still wobble left-to-right. So I had to take a super-flat washer, enlarge its ID, so everything was flush and the bolt would actually clamp down the TC linkage.

3) Since the tap I used was not a blind hole tap, the threads stop around a quarter inch before the hole bottoms. I had to shorten the bolt, and grind down some of the threads, then use a tap to chase the threads.

4) The TC arm from KingKong, had a square edge at the bottom that was rubbing on the a TC casting rib right behind the TC arm area. I radiused the bottom of the TC arm so it would clear without issue.

I'll post pictures later to explain. Man was this a pain in the arse.

Sounds like it but you got it!

Back