• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good vibes giveaway!!!!!

Just learned about this club... looking at all the info! alot looks outdated..

We really haven't kept up very well with all of the changes to the XJ since the 2001 model year. In any case, I think its fair to say that you won't find a better source of XJ/MJ-specific technical information anywhere.

Welcome. :wave1:

F it, free is free.

I saw some posts about not getting money from national or whatever; is that the source of the "not good vibes?"
Part of it I'm sure.

I did not pay membership dues for National. I ponied up for Colorado, I ponied up for our community. I have faith in our community, and it's continuing potential for greatness!

COLORADO BABY!!!!!!!

And that is how I really feel! :)

I saw the number $250 get thrown around.

I mainly lurk as I have much less time to wheel and work on the Jeep then I thought I would when I bought it. However, I've received several times the value than I paid for at $30/year for membership in the form of help, advise, and hand-me-down knowledge you can't find with Google. I'm not phenomenally wealthy by any measure, but that's not a lot of money for me. It goes to land use? Great.

If $250 (not) coming from National is enough to cause this much turmoil, raffle stuff. Sell Swag. Charge to come to trail runs. Offer incentives for referrals. That's a laughably small amount of money - especially considering some of the rigs I see built up on here. If that is the sort of money this chapter is after, I would be more than happy to work with the local leadership to make it happen.

Though I generally do as much research as I can before I post a question, I'll consider my "red-letter" status a bypass for using the search. What do we need this money for?

We really haven't kept up very well with all of the changes to the XJ since the 2001 model year. In any case, I think its fair to say that you won't find a better source of XJ/MJ-specific technical information anywhere.

Welcome. :wave1:

It's fairly minimal but it's out there, problem is most of us don't speak Chinese.

What do we need this money for?

I would like to keep this thread on track, but I will say this. The issue for some has not been with the actual dollar amount (though that does not apply to everyone) but the principle of having support from National. That having said there have been plenty of years where the CO Board has not utilized programs available to all Chapters to see some funds make it back our way. And to answer your question, the funds go to help put on our annual event, meet n greets, and other things. The camping alone for CO Fest can be $1500 or more and in the past we have paid that out of pocket before the event to secure our group site.

Back