• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gold Lake over Labor Day

My Mom's birthday I wonder if I can get out of it? Let me check.

Yeah i'm sure it will be busy. Not sure exactly where ill end up, i cant get out of sac until noon on saturday.

Ill just keep hitting up the remote lake areas until i get one all to myself.

Anyone serious about going send me a pm to help cordinate. I want to make sureyou can find me whereever i decide to hide out

Yeah I know what you mean... this weekend I was at Utica/Union and I was surrounded by people. People walking right through my campsite and everything. It was bad...

Just spoke to my father and they are actually going up to gold lake on sept 7-9. So there may be hope for a secluded gold lake.

i'm a 90%. I'm just worried about finding a camp spot. I couldn't leave till saturday as well. same plans josh?

Yeah, Saturday around 11 with a stop at camping world to get a crapper.

Meet up on the road. I'm not to worried about a spot. I know a few good places out if the eay. I just want to make sure you can find me if we dont go up at the same time

leave saturday around 11 would be perfect to meet up on the way and carravan. The few good places you know of accesable via the 2wd prerunner? I'll have 2 bikes and camping gear for me and the lady, so i'll at least have some weight for traction.

leave saturday around 11 would be perfect to meet up on the way and carravan. The few good places you know of accesable via the 2wd prerunner? I'll have 2 bikes and camping gear for me and the lady, so i'll at least have some weight for traction.

The worst part would be the section to gold lake campground. There are a few steep climbs but i have run them all in 2wd. We could always go in from the south to avoid the rougher section, its up to you.

Do you have a front tow hook?

you could get pretty far in 2wd. don't you have a posi mike?

I'll make it through that section no prob. It was just passed that and getting to your spot that I Wasn't sure about. Looks like Ill have my buddy Caleb with his lady and mark with his caravaning up.

Josh, how did the run go for you guys??

It was a great weekend. My wife did most of the wheeling while i rode shotgun and helped her friends boyfriend navigate the rocks. My 3yr old didnt want to leave and we had a lake all to ourselves.

We had a family of about 8 deer visit us each night. When my daughter saw the two bigger bucks she insistedwe call Santa so he would know where his raindeer were..

We wish we had two on three more days

What lake did you guys end up camping? And did you get any pictures? Any NAXJA guys show?

Back