• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to Moab... any ideas?

Bull Canyon, Klondike, Gemini, 4 Arches, & Little Canyon might be anotehr trip. those are all in one area north of Moab that could be hit in one trip. They sound cool, with some other rough trails (rusty Nail, Metal Masher) that I might think about, and look at, but doubt I will take my DD through. Maybe my buddies new JK. :laugh:

There are so many trails, I could spend the whole summer in the Moab/Canyonlands area.

a stock cherokee could do about half of what moab has to offer. I've seen a video of a stock cherokee doing fins and things. You should really hit that one up to get a proper moab slickrock experience.

You didnt lift your xj and put 30's on it to drive on gravel roads, did you?

only pic i have from fins and things:

539877_10100143847131180_18909159_41283683_16598319_n.jpg

Two things about Moab.

1) You'll be absolutely amazed at what your rig can do out there.

2) You'll be absolutely amazed about what your rig CAN'T do once you get back here.

They shouldn't call it slick rock, what they need to call it is skate board grip tape rock.

Two things about Moab.

1) You'll be absolutely amazed at what your rig can do out there.

2) You'll be absolutely amazed about what your rig CAN'T do once you get back here.

They shouldn't call it slick rock, what they need to call it is skate board grip tape rock.

I agree, I was kinda surprised at the ease of what did did. I was expecting more difficulties. Now I just want to go with bigger tires to minimize those bumps! Moab really does just make you want more.

Funny...
I actually lowered it and put 30's on it so I could drive to trails.
Either I am limited on the highway or on the trail. Since my rig is a DD, I decided to limit it on the trails.

Its cool, mines a DD too. Like Dutch said, you'd be surprised at what it can do.

I agree, I was kinda surprised at the ease of what did did. I was expecting more difficulties. Now I just want to go with bigger tires to minimize those bumps! Moab really does just make you want more.

Its cool, mines a DD too. Like Dutch said, you'd be surprised at what it can do.

I think we should take this thread and submit it to the Moab tourist board for an ad campaign.

Moab was great.
Did Beef Basin trail. Entered Canyonlands from Beef Basin but got scared off by the idea of Elephant Hill between me and pavement, so turned around and returned to pavement via Beef Basin trail.

I think we should take this thread and submit it to the Moab tourist board for an ad campaign.

Moab was great.
Did Beef Basin trail. Entered Canyonlands from Beef Basin but got scared off by the idea of Elephant Hill between me and pavement, so turned around and returned to pavement via Beef Basin trail.

Bunch of years ago we were just about to head down the Elephant Hill switchbacks when a lady and two kids came walking up them. She motioned for us to wait so we stopped to talk. As she was telling us how her husband got lost, we could hear loud scraping and banging noises coming up the hill. Finally a basically stock Suburban with U-shaped running boards appears at the crest :D

Moab wheeling is the best, especially the more remote trails.

You shouldn't have let elephant hill scare you. The nps has paved over all the hard spots so they can get their stock pick ups in there. I did it in 2wd low range.

Back