• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to be a fuddy-dud for a moment.

Newbie here,Nice to see post such as this ! Thanks

My question kinda off topic,sorta ? Does anyone except me and the girlfriend ever notice that the largest majority of littered beer cans seem to be Bud Light ?

Litter Bugs ,,,,,,,everyone,,,,,,,,,dont do it :wave1:

I think you mean
Low Range said:
Bud Light...... dont do it :wave1:

and for the record those cans are just there for the pics they get picked up

Last edited:
Again, another post going nowhere. Not that it's really an issue. I really do love reading the things that come out of this particular chapter. I want to be a part of this crew, but no one down here in Eugene seems to keen on this site.
I really do think that maybe some of you guys need to calm down and just be buddies with the wilderness, for a while.
But really, Thanks guys for being such good sports and being coolwith each other. It's nice to see some friendship left around somewhere.
:wave:

A few thoughts from a "more experienced" NW Naxja member.

There has been a HUGE influx of new members over the last couple of years, but even more important in the last few months. This influx causes what I would usually classify as "growing pains". And in my mind this post is a perfect example of growing pains.

I have always felt like part of the family. Until the last couple of months I used to know almost every user, they used to know me, and we had at least met or been wheeling together a time or two. This is no long the case, there is now a long list of people who I have never met, and they don't know me. There is NOTHING wrong with this, but it takes time to grow and learn and become a family again. We all have adjustments in our own lives and sometime the group needs one as well.

In my mind this post is a reminder to ALL of us that we need to make sure we are acting responsibly, that we are representing NAXJA ALL of the time, and we should think about what we are doing before things get out of hand.

I appreciate Phils thread, I appreciate all of the input since it's posting, and I believe that most of us have put some thought into it and realize there there are probably a couple of things that maybe we should think about before we act, post, etc.

For some of us, NAXJA is our lives. For others of us, we come and go. What is important is that we do the best we can to include everyone in what they need. Keep in mind that MANY people on this forum don't go wheeling, and only drive their Jeeps to and from work.

just my $.02
Michael

norcal420 said:
From a former NAXJA member's perspective (yes, my name used to be red) I've got $0.02 to throw around.

Phil, I understand as President of the Chapter it's up to you to establish the policies/procedures used here. So to be clear, I have no issue with you guys deciding how to conduct yourself under the NAXJA charter or otherwise.

That said, one of the primary reasons I don't wheel with you guys is because this is a such a "family-oriented" 4x4 club. No harm, no foul. However, I have little interest in wheelin' with small children, having to 'watch my language', or getting dirty looks if I enjoy a cold-one at lunch and so on. Carry on....

Edit: spelling

Without trying to stir the pot, I agree.

Interesting thread, and a good read.

I've only been out wheeling with some of you once, but it was a good group of guys. We had a couple beers along the way, we cursed a little (mostly under our breath, since we had a youngster with us) and bottom line, we wheeled, conquered, were denied, broke, stuck, fixed, unstuck, and at the end of the day had a great time on a trip I'll remember fondly. Everyone made me feel welcome, and even though I had probably ten years on most of them, the fellas acted mature and responsible in all the ways that mattered, much moreso than I might have thought before getting to know them a little. I'm not aware of any particular details that lead to this issue being an issue in the first place, all I know is that I met a group of guys who were decent, pleasant, accomodating, and funny. I'd wheel with you all again in a heartbeat, and plan to as soon as the XJ is fit to wheel.

Doug

Back