• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to be a fuddy-dud for a moment.

bknudtsen said:
As well as the Federal law regarding carrying in National Forests.

Firearms must be unloaded and in a case when on National Forest Property unless is hunting season. This is null and void if a person has a concealed weapons permit.

Any person convicted of a felony may not posess a firearm on NFP.

Discharge of a weapon in across or within the right of way of any road is prohibited.

mud1059 said:
Firearms must be unloaded and in a case when on National Forest Property unless is hunting season. This is null and void if a person has a concealed weapons permit.

Discharge of a weapon in across or within the right of way of any road is prohibited.

All tips of the iceberg, Paul...there's so much more to those examples, but I won't digress from the point of this thread any further. :)

I must have sent that accidentally. Here's how it looks finished!

bknudtsen said:
As well as the Federal law regarding carrying in National Forests.
Federal:
Firearms must be unloaded and in a case when on National Forest Property unless it's hunting season. This is null and void if a person has a concealed weapons permit.

Discharge of a weapon in, across, or within the right of way of any road is prohibited.

State:
(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

Then there's my favorite:
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
(That's the 2nd amendment in OUR bill of rights)

Finally we have the bylaws:
http://www.naxja.org/html/bylaws.htm
Summarized, it says Phil has the final say.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't even own a firearm. I do support those that do and use them responsibly.

mtnxj said:
Well said.....and it's about damn time it was said. Thanks, ECKSJAY, the NWC just gained a shred of respect back, IMO.
Sorry, but who the fawk are you? "A shred of respect?" Don't you have some random people to nominate to the BOD, or something?

Otherwise, x2, Phil. I'm glad someone finally posted up what we've all been thinking.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Sorry, but who the fawk are you? "A shred of respect?" Don't you have some random people to nominate to the BOD, or something?

Otherwise, x2, Phil. I'm glad someone finally posted up what we've all been thinking.

-----Matt-----

Matt,

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!!!!
THAT WAS TOTALLY UNDESERVING!!!!!

His comments are very valuable input for this group.

Michael

2xtreme said:
His comments are very valuable input for this group.
You consider his comment about the NWC "gaining back a shred" of his respect valuable input?

While I agree that he has the right to think and say anything he wants, I personally think the comment was B.S. For someone who hasn't personally been involved in the chapter (to any degree that I can see) to make such a sweeping, derogatory statement was uncalled for. I'm pretty damn proud of our chapter and how far it has come in the last year or so, and the "input" was simply a back hand to our group.

Naturally, an obligitory "IMHO" disclmainer applies.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
You consider his comment about the NWC "gaining back a shred" of his respect valuable input?

While I agree that he has the right to think and say anything he wants, I personally think the comment was B.S. For someone who hasn't personally been involved in the chapter (to any degree that I can see) to make such a sweeping, derogatory statement was uncalled for. I'm pretty damn proud of our chapter and how far it has come in the last year or so, and the "input" was simply a back hand to our group.

Naturally, an obligitory "IMHO" disclmainer applies.

-----Matt-----

His input is valuable for exactly that reason!!

He has not met most of us in person, he has not wheeled with most of us, and he might no know any of us other than through this board. However, he has been around for more than a year and he has been active in more activities than you are probably aware of. Because of all of these things, his input is valuable because his "impression" of what has happened to us over more than a year is critical information. This is what MANY other also see and haven't said.

Most of us who are involved in a daily basis won't see the issues as clearly as someone who is on weekly, or monthly and tries to weed through the garbage to read something with content!! Have you tried that recently, Find some content that doesn't have swear words all over it!!

Michael

From a former NAXJA member's perspective (yes, my name used to be red) I've got $0.02 to throw around.

Phil, I understand as President of the Chapter it's up to you to establish the policies/procedures used here. So to be clear, I have no issue with you guys deciding how to conduct yourself under the NAXJA charter or otherwise.

That said, one of the primary reasons I don't wheel with you guys is because this is a such a "family-oriented" 4x4 club. No harm, no foul. However, I have little interest in wheelin' with small children, having to 'watch my language', or getting dirty looks if I enjoy a cold-one at lunch and so on. Carry on....

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Whether or not MtnXJ post seemed strong, the reality is he cares about this club as do you. This should be the focus of this discussion. Sensitivities are running high right now. It may just be his response appeared strong because he has been feeling this way for a long time and his dissapoint is flooding out in one sentence. I love this club. To be perfectly honest my marriage was pretty sucky because I didn't have a life outside my marriage and family. This made me a resentful a-hole. My wife and I were separated for 3 months. I realized I needed to have a hobby to meet my own needs. I have found it, and I found a bunch of very cool dudes to enjoy it with. My marriage is MUCH better too. I don't want to see anyone feel like they don't belong here. Everyone here is important to me. I also think some of the things addressed here could have been handled back channel to avoid public censure. That being said I also believe that Ecksjay handled this the best way he knew how and I thank him for that. This is of course IMHO.

Jeremy

PS if anyone think I am being a hypoctrite in reference to MtnXJ, Yes I have given him a hard time in the past and have since had a backchannel discussion with him and made peace. Not too metion take responsibility for being a jerk.

Last edited:
DrSockMonkey said:
Whether or not MtnXJ post seemed strong, the reality is he cares about this club as do you. This should be the focus of this discussion. Sensitivities are running high right now. It may just be his response appeared strong because he has been feeling this way for a long time and his dissapoint is flooding out in one sentence. I love this club. To be perfectly honest my marriage was pretty sucky because I didn't have a life outside my marriage and family. This made me a resentful a-hole. My wife and I were separated for 3 months. I realized I needed to have a hobby to meet my own needs. I have found it, and I found a bunch of very cool dudes to enjoy it with. My marriage is MUCH better too. I don't want to see anyone feel like they don't belong here. Everyone here is important to me. I also think some of the things addressed here could have been handled back channel to avoid public censure. That being said I also believe that Ecksjay handled this the best way he knew how and I thank him for that. This is of course IMHO.

Jeremy

PS if anyone think I am being a hypoctrite in reference to MtnXJ, Yes I have given him a hard time in the past and have since had a backchannel discussion with him and made peace. Not too metion take responsibility for being a jerk.

:clap: :yelclap: :clap: :yelclap:
Bravo
-Ryan

DrSockMonkey said:
I don't want to see anyone feel like they don't belong here. Everyone here is important to me.

I agree totally with you. We are like a family here. I enjoy wheeling with EVERYONE here so far. I don't want anyone to feel persecuted here, because you're not being persecuted. We just have concern for the perception that we are putting out for other future brothers and sisters.

LOVE all around :)

how about we drop the online drama and do some wheeling. Now that skiing season is over I have nothing to do on weekends besides wheeling. I personally joined naxja because members here seemed to be interested in meeting up and going on runs and helping my n3w8 @$$ learn something. I think if we continue to fight about this we are going to get quite a bit of bad blood flowing between members. I would't mind some family friendly runs, my little sister has wanted to go with me since shes seen pictures from some runs.

WaXJ_Skier said:
how about we drop the online drama and do some wheeling. Now that skiing season is over I have nothing to do on weekends besides wheeling. I personally joined naxja because members here seemed to be interested in meeting up and going on runs and helping my n3w8 @$$ learn something. I think if we continue to fight about this we are going to get quite a bit of bad blood flowing between members. I would't mind some family friendly runs, my little sister has wanted to go with me since shes seen pictures from some runs.

x2

I've brought my son along on a few trips, and everybody on the run has behaved extremely well. I have no problems bringing family, and have never felt that I should exclude them on official runs. In my mind, that's what wheeling is about, for everyone (friends/family) to get out and enjoy the scenery and comradery.

Megawatt said:
I've brought my son along on a few trips, and everybody on the run has behaved extremely well. I have no problems bringing family, and have never felt that I should exclude them on official runs. In my mind, that's what wheeling is about, for everyone (friends/family) to get out and enjoy the scenery and comradery.

X2. Many of you know my boys, I have no problem bringing them on the runs... and my wife even makes an occasional appearance :)

J

Ill throw in my $.02 here as well.

2cents.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnxj
Well said.....and it's about damn time it was said. Thanks, ECKSJAY, the NWC just gained a shred of respect back, IMO.

IXNAYXJ said:

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ- My apologies to you and anyone else in the NWC who felt that was a backhand slap or an insult. My comment was not intended as either. As was pointed out, I am not as physically active as I would like to be, mostly because of distance. Being that the only activity I get with this chapter is online, I do get a somewhat different perspective than an "insider". With that perspective, I can say that those who don't "know" you guys would have a less than stellar opinion because of recent events. Matt, you may not like me, and I am fine with that. I will tell you that as far as I am concerned, you are probably one of the most respected members of the NWC. Everyone makes poor choices, (God knows I have) and I am not pointing fingers at anyone. I am just expressing an opinion that many other "outsiders" probably agree with. As Red91Wa recently told me back channel, if you don't like what someone else has to say, you don't have to respond. I could have very easily tried to get in a pissing match with you over your above comment, but that is not what I or anyone else on this forum wants.

I hope to be able to make it to your guys neck of the woods someday soon, and when I do, I'd like to be able to shake hands with each and every one of you. Give me a chance, I'm not a bad guy. Opinionated at times, but that doesn't make me bad. If you or anyone else wants to talk more openly, contact me back channel. Hell, I'll even give you my phone number so we can talk directly.
Respectfully, Mike "mtnxj" N.

Nice wording there Phil, as always..wel not always, but most of the time ;)

I believe your chapter being revoked has now been put on the back burner.

:D

Back