• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatman looking for a new job selling Chevy's?

Goatman said:
It's all positioning. Like two brothers fighting over who goes first. Niether can afford a disruption in production, they are just forcing each other to the table to work out a hard problem.

Ford's been screwed by Firestone, and now Navistar, and I'm sure they're tired of it. During that tire fiasco a few years ago, Ford stepped up and did the whole recall/repalcement out of their own pocket, Firestone wouldn't do anything. Now Ford has had some engine management system problems on the early 6.0 Powerstroke's that was a Navistar problem, the engine control system was Navistar, not Ford.

Thankfully, the new 6.4 Powerstroke has a Ford engine control system, and they have abused the hell out of it in development trying to break everything on it. We saw a cutaway version of it the other day, and it's pretty cool, with twin sequential turbos and high zoot Piezoelectric injectors that give 5 seperate injections of fuel per cycle. I want one. I also want an '08 F450 crew cab pickup with a 6200 lb payload capacity and 26000 lb tow rating........BAD ASS!!!

Don't know about the delay that the news article reported. We've always been told that the new motor would come out with an early release of the redesigned 2008 Super Duty (not '07 like the article said) and for Jan '07 production to coincide with the new federal smog emmision requirements.

quote]

Spin it baby, spin it!

I like to give Rich a bad time, but the truth is I own stock in Ford so you decide who is the one that really needs :helpme: .

All's I grow are wine & nuts, Hobo.

FarmerMatt said:
All's I grow are wine & nuts, Hobo.

I thought so, but was not sure..... it has been a while since we talked ya fat flabby Ford drivin' bastard :) . Stay warm, and keep the Aamons on the trees. :)

FarmerMatt said:
Spin it baby, spin it!

I like to give Rich a bad time, but the truth is I own stock in Ford so you decide who is the one that really needs :helpme: .

Spin??

Me??

:shocked:

Back