• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest, unofficial thread.

That is a darn beefy setup. Just put the skinny pedal to the floor and keep turning the wheel.
LOL i already know how to break stuff. I'm a little gun-shy on the skinny pedal lately, can't afford any more front shafts :)

Just have Cal spot you in the tricky parts and you'll be fine.
as long as i'm driving his rig.

Has anyone Done any rock climbing out there? The non-vehicular type. I don't think my jeep will run any of the trails until I get new tires, but I still want to go out....

And I know Beamer is plannin on going out so maybe I'll have a climbing partner.

Has anyone Done any rock climbing out there? The non-vehicular type. I don't think my jeep will run any of the trails until I get new tires, but I still want to go out....

And I know Beamer is plannin on going out so maybe I'll have a climbing partner.
I'm in. I don't recall anything particularly vertical, but there's plenty of bouldering to go around.

my ex GF used to go out to cougar buttes all the time to go free climbing, if you like I can badger her to find some climbing spots for you non-lazy bastards.

I've never heard of any established routes in the area, doesn't surprise me with Josh in such close proximity.

I'll throw a rope and my rack in the jeep with me if you're interested in checking it out on Sunday for a bit maybe.

I'm in. I don't recall anything particularly vertical, but there's plenty of bouldering to go around.

Cool.. I'll bring my rack and crash pad as well as some extra harnesses, shoes, and helmets for anyone who wants to join.

IIRC there is some pro on Giant Rock

I know that Hercules Finger is out by Cougar Buttes and there are some other routes in the area. Hercules Finger is in the Troy Mayr Guide. There is a bouldering area near Giant Rock that I think is called "Boulders over the Sand." It might be in the Craig Fry guide. And I know that at times there have been glue-ups on Giant Rock but I don't know if they're still there or intact.

If you want to climb on your way home you can hit the High Desert area in Apple Valley for some short fun stuff.

IIRC there is some pro on Giant Rock

I saw some bolt anchors last time I was there, but they were all out of reach and looked 50 years old.

You could probably get to them if you parked your heep next to the rock. Not sure I'd trust my life with them tho. Maybe tie a couple of ropes together and toss a line over the top. Get someone to stand on the opposite side and top rope belay from the ground.....

rope toss is an option... but if there are bolts going up it, I may just lead it. we shall see what kind of condition they are in.

Does anyone want to cook for me(and anyone else) sat night? Ill supply you with 20 pounds of premium boar meat(rump). Shredded or pulled would be rad.

Does anyone want to cook for me(and anyone else) sat night? Ill supply you with 20 pounds of premium boar meat(rump). Shredded or pulled would be rad.

I'm bringing the 5th wheel and have a propane BBQ you can use....

But you will have to do the cooking, I'll be too busy :cheers:

well I had high hopes of making the run, but now my son has a waterpolo tournament in Santa Barbara this weekend so I'll be heading in the opposite direction this weekend.

Have fun

well I had high hopes of making the run, but now my son has a waterpolo tournament in Santa Barbara this weekend so I'll be heading in the opposite direction this weekend.

Have fun

It is not this weekend. :twak:

Back