• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest Pics

The sticker casting a shadow through the plastic gives it a nice 3d effect as well, really makes it pop.

isn't this Chris Tholke
IMAG0309.jpg

Yes

Thanks for the pics..

Anyone else???

I want to see more of what's been eluding me over the last few years.. :pirate1:

E

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!

(hehe.. you said "photograph.")

Sorry, you'll have to wait. Shocks are in the Jeep in Yucca!

you dont mean these do you?

Naw.... (Nah... Na....... ??)))

I've seen enough of Mike's Jeep..... Geoff has been holding on to shocks for me since 2006.... :confused1 ... Then he took them up to JV because I said I was going...... But my Jeep told me otherwise.. :sad1: ... The funny part is that I could probably make it to his place in about 20 minutes without traffic... :shhh:

:anon:

thats actually quite funny!
Naw.... (Nah... Na....... ??)))

I've seen enough of Mike's Jeep..... Geoff has been holding on to shocks for me since 2006.... :confused1 ... Then he took them up to JV because I said I was going...... But my Jeep told me otherwise.. :sad1: ... The funny part is that I could probably make it to his place in about 20 minutes without traffic... :shhh:

:anon:

Dave got a Cherokee!

Is thaT bRYANc in the red XJ?

A short picture story for you folks..

While driving out I saw a really cool RV with a toy hauler, if you have sharp eyes you'll see the surfboard leash dangling on the freeway, he pulled over a couple miles later and corrected that one.
IMG_1161.JPG

For the entire run from Torrance I was being chased by a goblin XJ, just when I thought I'd lose it I'd find it behind me again, this was really frightening.
IMG_0005_001.JPG

After what seemed like hours (because it was) we hit some dirt.
IMG_0007.JPG

Then it was time to set camp and have a beer or more. While I was in camp I learned many fascinating things. One thing I learned is to make sure and invite Kevin to events so I can get some free Stone brew. Another was that Mark get stuck easily.
IMG_1162.JPG

After a few beers I carefully set up my sleeping quarters (drunkenly threw everything out of the Jeep) and went to sleep. I woke up on Saturday, had some breakfast, and went out on the Claw run. After a troublesome start I wasn't really feeling any love from Claw and bravely turned around and ran away.

Cal and his Turkey Claw group were back in camp by then and Cal decided to lead a run up Lower Big Johnson and Tackhammer. At first I was just going to follow them out, maybe take a few pictures, then go play around in easy areas by myself but the rocks started calling me and I stuck around for the duration of the run.

We even let some YJs play with us:
IMG_0009.JPG

Proof I (or at least my rig) was there:
Cropped.JPG

After LBJ Cal and Chris (in the nice SJ) went off to watch Richard and company have some Chocolate or something while the rest of us continued on to Tack. I didn't take many photos here but I did hand my camera off to Mark to take some of me!

IMG_0021.JPG

He took even better pictures of Josh in the YJ but don't worry, I made sure to dock his pay for that BS!
IMG_0024.JPG

I dig this photo he got of Julio and I. I'm not sure what sort of conversation we were having here but I'm sure I wasn't being too nice to him, I have a reputation to uphold after all.
IMG_0026.JPG

After that it was time to head back to camp and get ready for the BBQ! I got this photo of Jesse on the lakebed, I like the photo but really wish my mirror wasn't in it, that's the pitfalls of taking photos while driving, maybe one day I'll try taking photos from the sidelines?
IMG_0032.JPG

All in all it was a great event, even if my Jeep hasn't quite make it home yet! I'll be there next year barring any unforeseen issues and my goal is to make it there on a trailer, man I'm afraid all hell will break loose then.

Back