• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest in Johnson Valley Nov 13-14

It's all fun & games until someone gets butt-hurt.. Ooops I mean just "hurt."

Ok people. Let's get back on topic.

So, is now too early to talk about trail runs and minimum requirements??

Hammer requirements?

E

Requirements??? what are those? i thought you just show up, pick a trail and hope you make it through :p

I will be stuck to basic BASIC trails. The WJ is bone stock. No sliders, or offroad bumpers.

If you are going to play on anything other than the roads around the lake bed the NAXJA requirements are a must. I think we should pick up some stickers and mark the rigs that have been through tech and meet the requirements.

Just a thought...

I will be stuck to basic BASIC trails. The WJ is bone stock. No sliders, or offroad bumpers.

If you are going to play on anything other than the roads around the lake bed the NAXJA requirements are a must. I think we should pick up some stickers and mark the rigs that have been through tech and meet the requirements.

Just a thought...
That's a great idea

I agree on the stickers thing, and the requirements. I've never been on a single named trail out there cause I'm afraid of body damage :D but I have seen some nasty breakage posts here and elsewhere on rigs that were under equipped.

Do they get raffle items from National NAXJA? I do not remember if the event does.

Either way it makes for a better ride if the rigs are equipped with the right recovery points and what not. I full size spare tire should be a must.

There are going to be exceptions to that rule though. Like the buggies running 40's and what not. They just don't have the room to have a tire that big on their rigs.

When I was in Georgia, the club I wheeled with (www.southernjeeps.org) would not let you ride if you did not have the minumum requirements on your rig. They would check before a run and give you a sticker. It sometime was a simple as a 2" green or orange dot stuck to the windsheild.

If I can get out there early enough I would gladly take part in making sure all the rigs pass through tech and get their sticker if they pass.

We she should have stickers made this year like how Tierra del sol has there's.....

I'd be happy to design something that could be either printed or die cut if someone wanted to handle getting them made and distributed, could be a good little fundraiser for the chapter :dunno:

Ugh, not this argument again!

My only question is when have we had a problem running things on the more casual side? Seems to me the only issues I can remember in recent past were things that wouldn't make you fail tech anyway.

I'm a firm believer in the Keep it Simple, Stupid philosophy.

Let's just let the run organizers decide and post up when they get it figured out. I don't see a need for debate from the masses since there are rules they have used in the past that worked out ok.

I think it is up to the trail leader to ensure the vehicles lined up for a particular trail are properly equipped for that trail. If some are not then the trail leader can place that person between 2 people who have winches and are willing to help out. This approach has worked on all the runs I have been on.

Who said anything about a raffle? Who said anything about tech inspections?

LOL, I think I did............

I brought up trail requirements because I want to know what trails my rig would be equipped for.

I found this thread from last year - http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1012068
I think it still applies.

------

I think people brought up safety inspections because members are concerned about safety. I, for one, do not want to be in front of or behind a rig that's unsafe.

Oh yeah, I've been at least one, probably two NAXJA runs where a safety inspection would have caught an unsafe rig.

E

This is an informal club run, rather than an event. No sign ups, no event fees, no inspections............and no permit.

Friendly discussions about recommended safety equipment, club safety and equipment rules, proper equipment for any trail, are all welcome. Something about if we can govern ourselves adequately we don't require others to govern us. :wave1:

Back