• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Glass bottom XJ

OT

NAXJA Forum User
I've got the plexi, I know how I'm mounting it, as far
as a frame is concerned, I just need to see some
placement others have done (read: pictures).
Thanks.

Please tell you mean windshield?

Or is yer neck broke and can't look out the side of yer rig.....

YELLAHEEP said:
Please tell you mean windshield?

Or is yer neck broke and can't look out the side of yer rig.....
No, I mean GLASS BOTTOM XJ.
You know, where one can see through the floor, so one doesn't have to get out to see where they are hung up.
For what do I need a windshield?

Maybe Goatman will chime in, as I believe he's wanting to do something similar to his Notabudgetbuggy.

OT said:
No, I mean GLASS BOTTOM XJ.
You know, where one can see through the floor, so one doesn't have to get out to see where they are hung up.
For what do I need a windshield?
Just learn how to drive...then there would be no need for see though floors.

icon10.gif

OT said:
I've got the plexi, I know how I'm mounting it, as far
as a frame is concerned, I just need to see some
placement others have done (read: pictures).
Thanks.

There's been others?

I actually thought you were being sarcastic - like poking fun at all the "I need a pic" posts...... You REALLY want plexi floors?

YELLAHEEP said:
There's been others?

I actually thought you were being sarcastic - like poking fun at all the "I need a pic" posts...... You REALLY want plexi floors?
I don't know if there's been others.
For all I know, myself, Goatman, and Brett are the only ones in NAXJA that even want to be able to see the rear driveline.
It's not a far out there idea, just an underutilized one.

i198176755_81469.jpg
I cut floor off right behind the seat's. It's great to be able to look down and see what the diff is hung on. You can see if you need to just move a little left or right or bump it. Out here no need for the plexi.

Last edited:
I'd thought about that, but, unlike you guys, we have so many water crossings in some of the places we wheel, it would just end up a big wet mess.
Besides, I would have big port holes for water moccasins to get me.

David Taylor said:
i198176755_81469.jpg
I cut floor off right behind the seat's. It's great to be able to look down and see what the diff is hung on. You can see if you need to just move a little left or right or bump it. Out here no need for the plexi.
Duh, I forgot you back halved it.:dunce:

I think I'm just going to cut out most of the rear floor (including the hump) and the storage area under where the rear seat would be.
Then, I'll frame it and lay in the plexi.

great idea, but i think you're going to have a hard time finding others that have done this instead of cutting the back of their rig off. why not do more cutting and tubing?

Pat said:
great idea, but i think you're going to have a hard time finding others that have done this instead of cutting the back of their rig off. why not do more cutting and tubing?
Perhaps someday, but I'm happy with it's capabilities and haven't really put much thought into re-engineering it, just yet.
1. I know what this thing will do.
2. Why screw with a setup that works?

OT said:

To find out what it won't do.:D

OT said:
Perhaps someday, but I'm happy with it's capabilities and haven't really put much thought into re-engineering it, just yet.

both good points. i just know you are usually one with the sawzall, combined with that chassis you bought (and sold?), i thought maybe you had more tubage on the brain.

Back