• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

German Shepherds

kid4lyf said:
Just got my 17 year old son a Pit Bull/Boxer mix for Christmas.
Incredible dog.
Glad I waited till he could take care of it, though.

Trail dog?

Winterfest?

Dirk Pitt said:
Trail dog?

Winterfest?
Not sure if I dare put him on the trail unleashed though.
Pits tend to have tunnel vision if a squirrel catches their eye.
He loves riding in the car though.

kid4lyf said:
Not sure if I dare put him on the trail unleashed though.
Pits tend to have tunnel vision if a squirrel catches their eye.
He loves riding in the car though.

My yellow Lab, Zandi, likes riding in the car too, but doesn't much care for the jostling of offroad driving. I'm sure you recall how annoying they can be on the trail, Brad.

Lawn Cher' said:
My yellow Lab, Zandi, likes riding in the car too, but doesn't much care for the jostling of offroad driving. I'm sure you recall how annoying they can be on the trail, Brad.
Yea well, I haven't taught mine how to lock the doors.

My families German Shepard is an excellent guard dog, I know he would protect me with his life although he is 11yo now and can barely walk anymore. But when he was in his prime, about 3years ago, my dad and I were messing around hitting each other with pieces of wood and my dad hit me pretty hard and made me fall, Bull (my german shepard) instantly jumped and bite my dad hard enough that he had to go to the hospital for stitches. We got Bull when I was in 3rd grade and we grew up together, I dont know what I will do when I have to put him down here soon. But at the same time do not let that story scare you. Bull is the friendliest dog I have ever met, at least to anyone who isn't making a threat to me or my family. I love my german shepard and would recomend them to anyone.

Bull with the girlfriend
IMG_06772.jpg

Last edited:
Back