• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear Install In Sac Area

Rammin97

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a shop to setup my gears and locker or a NAXJA member who wants to make a few bucks. Any recommendations would be helpful. I'm considering Jaws in Sac and WFO up in Auburn so far. Thanks

Jeff Ishmael did my gears and lockers at his IH-Only shop in Loomis last February. He may have moved to Grass Valley, but he does a good job. Might be worth a look.

Jaws did my 9inch gears. Not impressed!!! had to have them re done here in the bay area because of noise.

I am looking for a shop to setup my gears and locker or a NAXJA member who wants to make a few bucks. Any recommendations would be helpful. I'm considering Jaws in Sac and WFO up in Auburn so far. Thanks

Jaws did my D30, no complaints.

Never had any work done at WFO but I saw him up on Signal Peak a few months ago. He had a nice TJ.

Josh

Thanks guys.. Thats one strike on Jaws. RocknXJ, it looks like IH Only has moved to Grass Valley.. I will still call them for a quote though..

i know someone that does em real cheap and correctly lol.. in Sac....if your still lookin let me know.

im waiting for a call back... i got you...he has not been on here in awhile and his number is changed...but i think i have his friends number coming.

I could offer my help but it's quite trip for ya to my place. Plus, according to the manufacturers you should do a break-in by doing short (10 to 15 mi) drives to warm the gears, then letting them cool completely. That would make a REALLY long drive home for ya. I've always set up my own on my daily driver/trail rig and never had a problem yet. All I've done tho is d30 twice (4:10 then 4:88) d35 twice (same as the 30) and my current d44 w/4:88's and an ARB. The d30/d35 has/had about 40k mi on each gear set I've put in and I've got about 4k on the d44 now. I'll be re-doing the 30 soon to put in an ARB, or some other selectable locker. By the way, in your avatar it looks like you have a nice XJ.

Thanks for the offer Rob, the axle is sitting in my shop so break in would not be a problem at this point. I'm waiting to see if there is someone local that can help me out but if that falls through, I will let you know.

The Heep is turning 250,000 but is still in great shape. Doing the waggy 44/Spartan front, Rodeo rear/LS swap.

Back