• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauging Interest: U-joint retention caps

wish i had the dough. this would cure my broken ear on the yoke problem. i eat a ujoint just about every oil change because the caps back off.

Yep, that's why I mentioned Jeep only. I checked my Chevy truck 12 bolt and even though it's a 1310 joint, the bolt spacing on the yoke was completely different. I was bummed as I was going to use these on the truck as well.

Yea, bummed. started to install the front and realized they were not going to fit. They are way bitchin, you are not going to knock out a joint ever with those. Maybe we could get him to make different sizes?

Hey guys, last call for SoCal people only. I am checking with Mark this afternoon to see how many he has left and then I will post up for all NAXJA people. Had been trying to give the SoCal group first shot since these are limited.

Thanks guys! Happy wheelin'

i dont know if this has been answer, i didnt feel like searching through all 5 pages. but my little ears have already broke off and i already purchased a used yoke. i dont really want to mess with taking the old yoke off and getting the new one on, so i was windering if these would be kind of an alternate to replacing the yoke. will it center the u joint on the yoke?

I know there is at least ONE more set cause I sent him back an extra set he sent me... he should of got them today...

Curt

thanks i sent him a message and way to be honest!

I PM'ed you back. I am not the one selling these but Mark at Pro Gear. Info on how to order them is in this thread.

I aint no engineer or nuthin, but I think it would be worthwhile to machine the bolt counterbores a little farther down to avoid interference with boltheads against the adjoining yoke. Can you see what your friend thinks about this?

Ever get anything back on this? What about the provisions for lockwire? I'm a Missile Technician on Submarines, we lockwire everything. :D

Call Mark at ProGear in San Diego. If he doesn't have any, you might PM Fordguy (Rich) to see if he ever sold his.

Yep, hit Mark at Pro Gear up. Still got some.

Had mine installed for a year now and zero problems.

Back