• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauging Interest: U-joint retention caps

This might be a dumb Q. but will they clear the T-case end of the shafts... I'm running a T.Woods shafts and a SYE, but in the stock sizes...
I'm lean'n toward a D-30 & a 8.25 pair(s)...

Curt

This might be a dumb Q. but will they clear the T-case end of the shafts... I'm running a T.Woods shafts and a SYE, but in the stock sizes...
I'm lean'n toward a D-30 & a 8.25 pair(s)...

Curt

the bolts on the t-case side of the shafts screw into the yoke on the shafts. they don't use a strap like the axle end

Well I guess I need to grease things more huh.... YEP !!! no need at the T-case end... I forgot about the joint being the cap...

Thanks...

Curt

Okay, did a few XJ projects today, including another hour power washing the mud off from our trip on the El Camino Del Diablo trail. Man I hate mud.

Here are a few pics of the caps installed. Must have been one of the easiest projects on the XJ. 20 minutes including getting the tools out. :D These are sweet.

PICT5020.jpg

PICT5021.jpg

PICT5022.jpg

Them there's real purty!! Only thing I would change.....drilled bolt heads for safety wire.

John,

Your aircraft background is showing again.

;)

Them there's real purty!! Only thing I would change.....drilled bolt heads for safety wire.

Sure but a drop of red locktite and I think they will stay put. :D

They do open at 8, I just talked to Mark.
I'm going there tomorrow morning, if anyone wants some let me know & I'll pick 'em up for you.

I'd definately be interested if there were a group buy or something.

Not to step on any toes but I would think that the ford u-joint upgrade would be stronger then those caps. I agree if made out of titanium you shouldn't ever break them but then your just moving your week link to the fastener. Although you may not break the fastener I have seen extreme conditions where they pull the threads out.

Just received two sets, great work, even if they do nothing, the work is killer. Just need to get the right size bolts and nuts to work on my nine's

Cool. They are killer looking. That was fast, since I am sure you ordered them yesterday. :D

Anyone else pick these up? If the SoCal group doesn't get them all, I am going to post up for other areas.

I switched to u-bolts. For 2 reasons, first my yoke was worn, second, it seemed like the rocks would unscrew the straps and mess up the bolts. It's blingy, but it's also about the same cost as a u-bolt yoke. Plus if your seal is leaking and it's been replaced your yoke needs attention. I want to see these after a few of the hammer trails. :)

Well god dammit! They are to small for my yokes! I have to sets if anyone wants them $45.00 set and also have bolts for yokr that are drilled

He did say 1310's. I'm guessing you're running 1350 joints? Just get U-bolt yokes.

Back