• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauging interest for a VW TDI Jeep swap kit...

your right flexd i did build it myself. Who can prove not?

61 scout I dont care what vehicle you own it will have problems eventually new or used. 61 scout your point is very true about putting money back in the economy. The problem is other countries can make vehicle that are cheap and pay people to build them for cheap and are successful, but americans get paid alot of money to build and has a reletively good success and the price is jacked alot more then the foreign shit, other then the exception of bmw and a few others. Member the kia deal, buy one get one free? They did that so when the one car breaks you can take the parts off the other one.

O another addition to the foreign swap list a turbo wankel rotary.
All it takes is a short search of your posts to see where you talk about how it's better to buy already built because you got such a great deal on your XJ. The guy had some 10-20k in receipts and you bought it off eBay for what, 5 or 6k? I couldn't care less if yours is built or bought. I would've been happy to find me a deal like that. Just lose the attitude about how you know better because you bought it.

your right flexd i did build it myself. Who can prove not?

61 scout I dont care what vehicle you own it will have problems eventually new or used. 61 scout your point is very true about putting money back in the economy. The problem is other countries can make vehicle that are cheap and pay people to build them for cheap and are successful, but americans get paid alot of money to build and has a reletively good success and the price is jacked alot more then the foreign shit, other then the exception of bmw and a few others. Member the kia deal, buy one get one free? They did that so when the one car breaks you can take the parts off the other one.

O another addition to the foreign swap list a turbo wankel rotary.

Yet, You have a Video on Youtube with you in it saying you BOUGHT it like that. I'm not knocking your rig in any way. I admit its nice but lose cocky attitude and quit changing your story. I think you missed the point that most of the parts for american vehicles are from overseas. Hell, Honda has a plant not 30 minutes from me where Hondas are build in the United States. Not to mention the fact that Toyota Trucks are built in Indiana too. BMW Has a Plant in North Carolina. Does that make any of these vehicles American? No, but they are built in America by American workers so How does buying a "foriegn peice of junk" take jobs away from us. Point in short, You should probably do some research to back up your claims before posting some ridiculous crap again.

Xwhatever, it's how well it is engineered (among others, and in no particular order, German, Japanese, Swiss, and Korean engineering are some that I have great respect for) and how well it is built that matter... as well as where the money goes.

no matter if its built here it still goes back overseas because the name is from over there.

Anyways i didnt bring my jeep into this flex did. I just said there is a chevy in my jeep. But you know them guys wont let it go. You act like women holding a grudge.

I dont care if you think i built it or not. Just cause someone says something doesnt mean its always true.

What happened to talking about this vw swap?

What happened to talking about this vw swap?
You did.

Anyways - I think it'd be pretty cool, though I don't have the time to do an engine swap (daily driver) especially an advanced one that isn't just "pull old engine out, put new engine in, reconnect exactly how it was".

The money may go overseas, but the jobs stay here. And the guys running the companies where the money stays here send most of the money overseas anyways with all the parts they import. Not to mention the fact that they apparently lose all the money...

Have you ever seen that sticker that says " out of a job? keep buying foreign"

So by purchasing my foreign Honda that was built in Marysville, Ohio, I'm keeping Americans out of work?

Exactly! I can't wait until i can afford a TDI. I would like an 02-03 myself. Is yours a stick or auto? I have to have an auto and was just curious.
You do NOT want an older one if you want/need an auto. Those Auto trans they used are POS. You will want a current gen TDI car with the DSG.

You do NOT want an older one if you want/need an auto. Those Auto trans they used are POS. You will want a current gen TDI car with the DSG.

Got an Extra 20 grand? :D I don't. I would get a stick if I could but I have Muscular Dystrophy and my knees are to weak to operate a clutch.

I dont care if you think i built it or not. Just cause someone says something doesnt mean its always true.

Your the one that said you bought it and built it in the same thread. So your saying we shouldn't trust what you say. We already new that I'm just glad your on the same page.

Your the one that said you bought it and built it in the same thread. So your saying we shouldn't trust what you say. We already new that I'm just glad your on the same page.

You trust anyone on the internet makes you pretty stupid.
Once again they wont drop it. Back on subject.

About the vw swap the 4bt is a less bulshit swap and easier to upgrade then the vw motor. Enough said we could talk endlessly about this intil someone spends the money and does it. Thread is pretty much over other then the ones that feel they need to prove there self.

You trust anyone on the internet makes you pretty stupid.
Once again they wont drop it. Back on subject.

About the vw swap the 4bt is a less bulshit swap and easier to upgrade then the vw motor. Enough said we could talk endlessly about this intil someone spends the money and does it. Thread is pretty much over other then the ones that feel they need to prove there self.

Are you Kidding? Have you seen the Aftermarket support for the TDI? There are so many upgrades for them its not even funny. Plus a 4bt is like 34 inches tall so it would probably be more of a PITA to shoehorn into an XJ. Once again do some research.

well if you did all this research then fricken do the swap and post it up!

O and i see nobodies doing it so a pointless fantasy thread.

I don't make all this money that you apparently make. I won't be doing any swap anytime soon. Maybe the OP is planning on doing it and I think its cool. Where's your build thread at Mr. V8 XJ?

I can't believe no one has done this yet...

nominated. Now please shut up and stop derailing the thread and then asking why everyone is talking about something else.

Back