• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Garage get-together Saturday Dec. 5th

I do have one of those heater/lava/fire bowl things that i will throw out there though... dont have my heating and AC installed yet...

~James

Mark, I have had a set of HD stiffeners for my jeep for about a year now, and they are still on the shelf. I was waiting until my 2 post lift gets installed before I tackled them since it would be SOOO much easier. I dont mind welding it all on, thats no problem. However, I think we would need to plan an entire day for just your rig. If you got a free weekend coming up, let me know and we will do another work day. Seriously.

~James

I know what you mean about getting it up in the air. Ed has a lift but still with no skills in the welding department...oh well.

When you get ready to put yours own, let me know and I'll see if I can make it to lend a hand. Thanks!:cheers:

Andy, 8:30 would be just fine for me. I dont use the air cutoff wheel too much, although I have them also. I usually use the 4 inch grinder for most of it. Much quicker, more power, and I dont have to listen to my compressor the whole time. You dont need to bring anything other than what you want to use for painting after its done, unless you want to do that at your place. I've got everything we need right here... :D

~James

Any recommendations for the paint/undercoating? How long does it take for that stuff to dry? Maybe just prime it for the ride back? I'm guessing some of that rubberized undercoating would be good?:viking:

Hey James, if I were to bring my '99 DD down, what are the chances of putting on a set of BrianHo's frame stiffy's, rear shackle relocation brackets, and a set of JCR stage 2 rock rails? Just so you know, I can't weld. :D Might be a good time to "test" the new welding cart. Just a thought. I've got plenty of projects if we want a work day of course they would all be on my Jeep.:wave1:

Either way, I'm looking forward to coming down and hanging out.:party:

Max, I can bring the shirt and hoodie with me if that's ok with you.

I'll see ya there with my shirt and hoodie then :wave1:

I talked to The Hard Struggler tonight and he might be stopping by.

We still have room in the car so if anyone wants a ride, let us know. We can also bring along more swag if we have something you need.

Kudos to James for making this happen!

It would be cool if Tim could come by, still havent met him and he lives just a few minutes away.

Ed/Mark, if you guys have anything in 'big boy' size (3XL), like maybe a hoodie, I would take one!

Ill order a few pizzas after everyone starts to show up, bring your appetite and drinks!

~James

I'll be there the 5th need to check with the wife for the 12th make sure there is nothing going on then.

Yeah I know... I'll work on the E55 pics today... I don't often get to take pics of the SRT8 (read none at all) If the dang weather lets up I'll get pics of it. That site is my 4th attempt to get pics up of my stuff :laugh:

My Pics are updated! :shocked:

It would be cool if Tim could come by, still havent met him and he lives just a few minutes away.

Ed/Mark, if you guys have anything in 'big boy' size (3XL), like maybe a hoodie, I would take one!

Ill order a few pizzas after everyone starts to show up, bring your appetite and drinks!

~James

Guessing Mark is going to need to order more 'big boy' size gear :laugh:
Wife is starting the queso dip in the AM so it will be good and ready, I'll bring bowls and scoop chips and Strongbow to drink and share :cheers:

There is snow on the ground here. All the roads should be clear except the one I live on so it shouldn't be much of a delay. We'll see what Mark says.

Snow on December 5th. Global Warming, huh?

I just talked to Mark and he is in Murfreesboro and there is some ice there. We'll be on our way once he gets here.

Queso sounds so good right now!

There was a nice dusting of snow on Red Mountain, here in Bham:wave:

Come on Chet... its not that far away! We will feed ya.

Sorry man, maybe next weekend when we screwup... errr fix Andy's junk?

Its sunny and briswk outside, not a hint of precip in the air. Atleast I hope not, my raw steel trailer project is sitting outside.

~James

i know i know, i suck. I got the mortgage paid but i only have like 40 bucks to last me until wed. I would suck it up and come but I have the girls with me. let me see if i can find a sitter...

Thanks guys, had a great time. Here are just a few pics, I think Mark has a few more.

Thanks to Tyler and Dan to making it out also. Tim, howdy neighbor, Max, and the rest of the new faces, good meeting everyone.

Hopefully the NAXJA president and treasurer can make it home without locking the keys in the car!

~James

DSCN1533.jpg

DSCN1534.jpg

DSCN1535.jpg

DSCN1536.jpg

Back