• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full widths

akram

NAXJA Forum User
Who is running them? Did you stay coils up front or go to leafs? How about the steering, what all did you do to it? Are the axles like older chevy's and such and use high steer arms or like the Xj? If you have pics too that would be cool

I'm looking at getting some axles out of dodge 1/2 ton. D44 front, 9.25 in the rear. 4.56 gears ( which is what is goin in the axles I have now) arb up front detroit in the rear. Just wondering what others have done and like to hear others opinions and ideas.

I already know what axles. The axles are out of a 1997? dodge ram. A freind is upgrading to d60's front and rear. Not sure whether I'm getting them or not yet. I haven't even looked at the steering on one to see how it is setup stock. That's the one of the biggest things I'm trying to figure out. If I do get them I'm still going to be running my 33's for another year or so.

im running HP44 and 9". Run the ford radius with some type of end. Cheap and effective.

n71100097_30237170_7797.jpg

BIG98XJ said:
im running HP44 and 9". Run the ford radius with some type of end. Cheap and effective.

n71100097_30237170_7797.jpg
WOW! That RTI ramp looks way too familure!

1155014image075.jpg

HP44.jpg

Full width from a 78 Bronco.

OldMan-So you are running the tie rod over the knuckle. And it's a knuckle to knuckle tie road. That's what I'm thinking I'm going to do. What about the trackbar. Did you need to get a custom one made? what kind of ends did you use on it.

Big98-are you running a cross over steering? Looks like it but couldn't tell for sure by the pic. Same question about the trackbar, custom?

I had a over the knuckle steering setup like Oldman and it sucked. I had to modify my RE HD track bar to make everything work. The TREs never lasted after a few hard wheelings and I ended up bending the long passenver side TRE and drag link. Spend the extra money to do a true Hi Steer from the start when you do the axle swap. I didnt do hi steer and kick myself for not doing it sooner.

AARON

Back