• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump relay died today

md21722

NAXJA Forum User
We had fairly hot weather today, about 90-92F. Girlfriend and I drove the Jeep on some errands this morning and then she took it out. I got a call about an hour later saying problem, Jeep will not start. I had her try to start it with me on the phone. Starter was trying to start. I then had her listen for the fuel pump on start. She said she didn't hear anything. I had her grab the spare relay bag under the drivers seat and pop the hood to change the fuel pump relay. It started right up after she changed the fuel pump relay. Just thought I'd pass this on. I keep extra relays under the driver's seat and this is the first time they've ever been helpful. Even though she had to change the relay it was faster than having me head up to do it, because I had those spares under the seat.

this is pretty good advice. especially on a renix, where every relay in the vehicle is the standard "5 pin bosch type" relay.
going to start doing this myself. 👍

Damn Brian, she's a keeper! :D

Other less critical relays, like the O2 sensor heater relay and I think the AC clutch relay can be borrowed in a pinch for that purpose too.

Back