• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Pump (questions about what i have found via search)

The flange? Yeah, but pickup a new seal for it.

You can pick up a new sock if you need it--frayed/hole/extremely filthy. I wash them out if they are physically in good shape.

yeah definitely pick up a new seal... will come with a new locking ring as well. Your locking ring may be slightly mangled by the time you get it out, so they include one. Heavy grease or vaseline helps to keep the seal in place while you get the locking ring situated.

Can I get one of these seals/locking rings from NAPA or any other auto parts store? Because I already placed my order for the BOSCH fuel pump and I don't really have time to keep waiting for parts to come :eek:

I think NAPA and some others would carry it. Might even be cheap at the dealer.

i got that bosch pump kit. very quiet. i almost didnt think it was working the first time i kicked it on. but when it started right up i knew something was workin haha.

though, it didnt fit as it should have. the top gasket thing didnt fit in place right. i actually had to put a stainless metal band around it to keep it in place. but besides that, i love how quiet is.

Back