• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Issues?

ezmoney333

NAXJA Forum User
My Xj is a 96 4.0. My trouble is that when pulling out, and I hit the fuel it goes nowhere stays at idle, engine speed stays the same. I can tap the pedal 10 or so times and it finally picks up. The times I tap the pedal and it don't pick up, it acts like its gonna die. Thinking maybe TPS not sure tho. Any Suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank streetxj. One thing I forgot to mention, while in park or neutral it will rev up just fine, drop it into gear and thats when the problem starts.

Sure sounds like a bad TPS. You can test it, the power to it and the ground wire with a volt-ohm meter. But check the throttle body linkage first since it is sensitive the transmission position selection and see if something is loose or damaged in the linkage!

I drove it today up the road and back no problems. I pulled the codes, the only code I got that would have anything to do with fuel-air mixture is an o2 sensor. But I can't understand why sometimes it runs good and other times it won't (especially when I have somebody with me trying to help figure out lol).

Post ALL of the codes!!!! Not some of them, if you want our help!!!

:worship:

Back