• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel injection wiring

ELBORRACHO

NAXJA Forum User
Do any of you have much experience with the wiring in that loom that runs by the valve cover? Some times I have to wiggle it to get my rig to start and when it does start it can't decide if it wants to run lean or rich. I've tried to trace the problem quite a few times and can't figure it out.

You should see a connector near the firewall that has two wires running down to the cps on the bellhousing. Frequently, unplugging and plugging that connector will help a no start. Check to see that the wires aren't near the exhaust manifold. Also in that loom is the connector to the tps on the throttle body. I'd check that. Both cps and tps can go bad. If you replace the cps, make sure it is a high altitude model. If you replace the tps, look online for directions on how to set it. It takes a dmm.

Do a search on replacing the C101 connector. IIRC, you may still have it on your year model.

Back