• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 1991 2-door Cherokee

MileHiXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need to sell my 1991 2-door cherokee.

It's got around 193,000 miles on the clock. It's got a good strong 4.0L I6 engine. It's a 5-speed manual (AX-15) with a NP231 transfer case. The clutch was just replaced, as was a leaking seal on the NP231.

It has no leaks at all. The rear main seal was replaced last year. It has new ball joints, tie rod, tie rod ends, steering stabilizer, and a new starter. It is dependable and starts every time.

It's completely stock, has about 50-60% tread left on the Goodyear Wranglers. The glass is all good. The interior is also good.

It was a base model, so it has no A/C. But I bought a complete A/C system to install. It has a crack in the dash, but I bought a replacement dash to install.

The front bumper is slightly pushed in, just cosmetic damage. The front header is cracked, but I bought a replacement header, grill, and headlight bezels to install. I also have some replacement mirrors and a rear wiper assy to install. The front driver side fender also has a ding in it, so I bought a replacement for that too.

Due to a back injury and subsequent back surgery, I'm not going to be able to get the parts installed that I wanted to, so I'm looking to let it go.

I'm not looking for a huge profit out of it, just basically my money back on the vehicle and parts.

So I'm asking $2000 obo for everything. If you think it's too high, make me an offer. But with the repairs I did to it and the parts I bought, that's what I have in it.

Here's an old picture of it. I'll try to get some new pics on here tomorrow. If you're interested, please pm me.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
Did you buy this cherokee from some kid in Greeley?
EDIT: Haha I looked at some old pictures and this is my old long lost Jeep! The vehicle that got me addicted to this whole mess. I am glad you replaced the clutch and stuff! 21 mpg sounds too good to be true!
Here it is when I owned it!
581023_439725996041810_100000132415458_1844161_121160450_n.jpg

Last edited:
Did you buy this cherokee from some kid in Greeley?
EDIT: Haha I looked at some old pictures and this is my old long lost Jeep! The vehicle that got me addicted to this whole mess. I am glad you replaced the clutch and stuff! 21 mpg sounds too good to be true!
Here it is when I owned it!
581023_439725996041810_100000132415458_1844161_121160450_n.jpg

I bought it from a guy in Littleton, but it looks just like it. I've been checking my mileage at each fill up. In just 2WD, 20.7 mpg. In 4WD, 17.6 mpg.

Oh, he must have been the one I sold it to, when I sold it the clutch was burning and the rear main was leaking. I am glad it has been brought to a better state

Back