• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frontrange4x4.....Not a friendly forum

Perhaps the problem with your attempt at humor was your delivery. A shot gun blast spreads when it leaves the barrel and covers a large area.

Wonder what you thought I meant when I said that NAXJA is an excellent organization and I would do a run with NAXJA any day?

It's easy to forget that most of the guys I knew like Led and Joey B. and JohnJohn (of course, you are running JohnJohn's leafs :D) are probably not around much any more if at all - I probably check in a couple times a year at most. But, I was an original Colorado NAXJA guy (note I didn't just join this forum tonight :D) - the "blast" was partially self directed.

Again, no worries, just wanted to clear it up on a personal level because I had a long and good history with NAXJA and damn if nobody on either side got my little inside joke. :moon:

Yeah, that's the problem with the interweb.... hard to communicate effectively when you aren't face-to-face.

I've 'wheeled with Dave before (yeah, years ago) but Dave's a good guy and I'm sure he meant no ill will.

Like Dave said, his life threw some changes at him and he adapted where his XJ couldn't and he still acknowledges his XJ roots! Nice to see you pop in again Dave!

Frank, lighten up a bit and recognize it for what it was - a little shit-talking taken the wrong way. Obviously that other club/website isn't interested in the run - their loss. Maybe Dave will come out for it anyway and catch up with old friends?

Frank, lighten up a bit and recognize it for what it was - a little shit-talking taken the wrong way. Obviously that other club/website isn't interested in the run - their loss. Maybe Dave will come out for it anyway and catch up with old friends?
Already done Troy. You folks that have been around say he's a good guy, I'll accept that at face value.

Yeah, that's the problem with the interweb.... hard to communicate effectively when you aren't face-to-face.

I've 'wheeled with Dave before (yeah, years ago) but Dave's a good guy and I'm sure he meant no ill will.

Like Dave said, his life threw some changes at him and he adapted where his XJ couldn't and he still acknowledges his XJ roots! Nice to see you pop in again Dave!

I might make the run, I had tagged it in my calendar. I've wanted to catch up on a NAXJA run for a few years and always try to run OCG in the Fall.

I do hold onto my XJ roots, you should see the responses I get for suggesting that the best way to really (big) lift a FZJ80 would be to convert the rear to leaf springs and 3-link the front. :scared:.

It would work of course, you'd have a flat spring over with about 7" of lift and could run 38's on it without blinking and would have the stability of the rear leafs like an XJ instead of being a 3 ton slinky. Those guys think I'm insane of course, but they also still think OME is the only game in town :wow:

Talk about feeling like it's still 1999 :D

Wonder what you thought I meant when I said that NAXJA is an excellent organization and I would do a run with NAXJA any day?

It's easy to forget that most of the guys I knew like Led and Joey B. and JohnJohn (of course, you are running JohnJohn's leafs :D) are probably not around much any more if at all - I probably check in a couple times a year at most. But, I was an original Colorado NAXJA guy (note I didn't just join this forum tonight :D) - the "blast" was partially self directed.

Again, no worries, just wanted to clear it up on a personal level because I had a long and good history with NAXJA and damn if nobody on either side got my little inside joke. :moon:

We're still around mister snooty:D I guess I win that arguement about lockers vs limited slips now HUH? :moon:

...he adapted where his XJ couldn't and he still acknowledges his XJ roots!...

Troy...will you still be my friend when I get a Vanagon or a Subaru?

Last edited by a moderator:
Troy...will you still be my friend when I get a Vanagon or a Subaru?

Only if you lift it on 33's and 'wheel the piss out of it.......... :D

old_brat.jpg

382308_4_full.jpg

lwt_syncro_16_action.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Big Offload do Subaru stuff?

Does this thread actually have pictures of Nay wheeling. STFU I thought I would never see the day.

kidding bro, last time I saw you you were wheeling a Nissan GG down I-25.

1999 lift parties rocked I don't car what any of you newbies say. Those were good times.

"How the heck am I going to drive this home from Ft. Collins like this?"

Oh yeah. Nay's ride definitely brought the excitement to Marlen's. Wood block split causing XJ to attempt to jump off the alignment rack. While I was under it.
:dunce:

"Douchenozzle!" LOL! :roflmao:

Say it 10 times really quick.

Sounds like some sort of German pastry or dessert.

..Sorry it is going to run "35 tires ....also has a Saturn motor and 5.13 gears.

Go to Page #3....Post #89 he lists all the specs........:eeks1: :D

It is not just some redneck guy who put a Camero body on a blazer frame. He has essentially built a tube buggy and wrapped it with a Subaru body......... kind of interesting.............although he did compare it to an XJ?

Back