• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Sway Bar Location...

Just noticed your from Colorado...where about's?

I think I still have my front swaybar laying around somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up. You might also wanna check out the Colorado chapter forum, post up a wanted ad and I'm sure if I can't find mine you'll be able to come up with one for next to nothing.

Carbondale, CO. And I found a cheaper sway bar locally. I am going to put the Jeep in the shop in the morning and fab up some homemade disconnect links.

What part of CO are you in?

oh hey, LBC, you're just over the pass from me. In fact I'm planning on moving to Carbondale after the summer.

i know that it is a little bit of drive to Grand Junction but there is a guy that has nothing but parts for our xj's for sale for cheap. i'm talking prob $20-30 buck for that sway bar. this guy is were my buddys and i get a lot of parts from

i know that it is a little bit of drive to Grand Junction but there is a guy that has nothing but parts for our xj's for sale for cheap. i'm talking prob $20-30 buck for that sway bar. this guy is were my buddys and i get a lot of parts from

How to I get a hold of him? I am in Junction quite a bit. I need some stuff other than a sway bar...

Your gonna run into problems with steering and sway bar link hitting on the passenger side thats why that bracket is bent you might want to get a drop pitman arm. Grab the stock pitman arm off a zj while your at the junk yard it"ll give ya about an inch of drop and its a direct bolt on swap I had the same problem on mine with 6.5" lift it completely fixed it.

Your gonna run into problems with steering and sway bar link hitting on the passenger side thats why that bracket is bent you might want to get a drop pitman arm. Grab the stock pitman arm off a zj while your at the junk yard it"ll give ya about an inch of drop and its a direct bolt on swap I had the same problem on mine with 6.5" lift it completely fixed it.

Fabbing my own mount. I think if I just move the mounting position back an inch or so, it should give me enough clearance. If that doesn't work, I will keep your suggestion in mind. Thanks!

That works to, I just did the pit man arm because I got it for $7 at the jy, and it helps the angle on the rod ends my steering linkage was binding when the pass side was drooped and limited my flex. Either way good luck.

Back