• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front rear steer xj

richieboy21 said:
ok guys i wanna build a front and rear steering setup in my xj so i need some idea s so far i have dana 60 s in mind and thats it , so yup i think im gonna need some help with this one
Getting front steer should be pretty easy, I know my Cherokee came with it stock from the factory.
For rear steer, maybe just try driving backwards???

Ok.. they are just havin fun, we just dont all get to hang out very often as a group, so the sarcasm flows into the public sometimes.

As far as real tech goes, check out Pirate4x4. I dont think many of us round these parts have played with it. Most will agree that unless you are looking at HUGE tires and a LONG wheelbase, its a waste of time and money. It would require lots of body work to maintain a cherokee look. If you are staying under 110" Wheelbase, its just plain dumb.

richieboy21 said:
ok guys i dont need ur sarcastic idiocy so anything that is relevent to what i asked would help thanks:gonnablow

If you have to ask for advice on this particular modification....

It's probably waaaaaay beyond your skills...

and btw...

With an AE like "richieboy"...

Can't you just have your sugardaddy pay to have one built for you?

Never seen rear steer on an XJ. Never seen a thread about it here. It's not that complicated, though. Get a front D60 and put it in the back, cut off the back of the XJ so there's room for the tires to turn, buy a hydraulic cylinder and hoses, and get one of the rear steer valves offered by many vendors.

Nothing to it. :)

You'll need alloys and CTM's for the rear drive.

Spicer 332x's DO NOT last in a rear drive application.

In order for rear steer to actually be worth it wouldn't you have to be running extremely large tires and stretch the wheelbase? For this to happen the unibody would have to be taken out or modified heavily. Also, with having that large of tires, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier in the long run to use rockwells? 60s are stout, but wouldn't put up with abuse from 49 inch tires.

Back