• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front leaf spring pics

Starboard M said:
Im trying to find the picture of BrettM down at the Hammers with his shackles planted into a rock. And I cant find it....:dunno:

I was there and he was in an spot on Outer limits where he couldn't go forward or back and that shackle was hanging him up. Fawking hysterical at the time.

He took quite a verbal lashing for that :laugh2:

mclovin said:
thanks rob ,after seeing that i think i'd rather modify the axles for coils.

There is so much good info floating around on building a good working front link suspension. If you do links you'll have to fab mounts on the axle, and if you do leaves you'll have to fab mounts on the frame. I don't see much difference as far as the amount of work that is involved. Leaves can be made to work fine, but they can never work as good as a decent link setup, and the axle wrap you get with leaves can be a real negative to performance and reliability.

cracker said:
I was there and he was in an spot on Outer limits where he couldn't go forward or back and that shackle was hanging him up. Fawking hysterical at the time.

That was a good day on the trail. :greensmok

cracker said:

Here he is that day.........I think he and Scrappy are fixing a broken brake line in this pic.

standard.jpg

That was a good day. :)

Doh! forgot to to put in the link. :)

Last edited:
goatman, i agree about the fab part know that i see a picture of front leaves. i would love to run a dana 60 with my long arms. the original reason i asked for the pictures is because ive done axle swaps on yjs and it was easy as hell. i will be staying with the coils, so does any body have apicture of a 60 with long arms

Sure, but you might call these mid-arms. :)

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

mjdavis31 said:
... rti prove who flexes more in the real world....

Of course they do...everyone knows that...

mclovin said:
goatman. that is exactly what i want to do . did you have to ad shock hoops for the coil overs?

Na, just secure the bottom and wedge the top into the hole the shock stem goes through... should be good to go...

Back