• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Fender Trim Write Up (Retaining the stock flare)

You can download the PDF's from here as some of you turds don't have email accounts large enough to get the files. Have fun!

File 1

http://www.sharebigfile.com/en/file...Write-Up--Retaining-the-stock-flare--pdf.html

File 2

http://www.sharebigfile.com/en/file...e-Up--Retaining-the-stock-flare---1--pdf.html

File 3

http://www.sharebigfile.com/en/file...stock-flare--Fender-Trim-Part-2---1--pdf.html

For those of you who are impatient, you must wait like 20 seconds and scroll down to the green "download" button.

Last edited:
too many people must have jumped the site too fast!!, I just saved 1,2,3 front cut to my computer, went to save the rear and it said some geocities unavailable message
Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.
The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.
Are you the site owner? Avoid service interruptions in the future by increasing your data transfer limit! Find out how.

Sure thing. If you get "The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later. ", try again in an hour. I'm not paying for this and will not pay for a site, so people will just have to wait their turns. Hope they help some!

53guy said:
Sure thing. If you get "The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later. ", try again in an hour. I'm not paying for this and will not pay for a site, so people will just have to wait their turns. Hope they help some!
Email them to me, I'll host them on my server. crazyjim at gmail.com

Same here 53, did almost the same as your write up and am very happy with the finished look. Way better looking than big fugly aftermarket flares. About to do the rears in a few weeks now following your write up. Thanks man!

Can someone take a picture of the the bottom of the flare and tell me how it mounts or just tell me. I have read the post a hundred times and just don't see it anywhere. Or does it not mount at all?
Thanks

Can someone take a picture of the the bottom of the flare and tell me how it mounts or just tell me. I have read the post a hundred times and just don't see it anywhere. Or does it not mount at all?
Thanks

if it wasn't pouring rain outside, i'd take a pic for you. you mean with a screw on the underside? the bottom of mine no longer attaches. the brackets hold it on.

thanks for the rightups, i need to fit some 33's onto my 3.5" lifted xj

this was a most excellent write-up on a great mod. i think i've said it before, but it bears repeating: many kudos and thanks to 53guy.

i didn't like the other options for cutting, like bushwackers or going flareless. i love the stock look of the flares.

i fit 33s under mine with the front trim and flare relocation as in the article. i was not having much trouble with the rears (i'm well bumpstopped), so i didn't do the back.

in addition to the front trim, i added bumpstop. i still rub when turning the wheel at full flex, but i'm pretty sure that i would have to start cutting out the wheelwells to eliminate that rubbing. i can live with it for now.

Nice job and great write up!!! Buy if I could comment, you NEED TO address the front inner pinch seam!! Its a very effecient tire slicer under articulation!! The rear pinch seam is safe as the rear will not articulate that far with the rear leafs and bump stops.

You need to notch them:
PinchseamcutI.jpg

Apply some good construction adhesive:
Sealerapplied.jpg

Beat them flat and smooth some more adhesive over the top:
Sealersmoothedover.jpg

Then paint with Rustolium of ruberized under coating.

BTW I have done both the front and rear on my MJ. Both using factory flairs trimmed to fit.

DSdone.jpg

FrontDSdone.jpg

CW
x2 on this thanks man i was woundering what to do with it

x2 on this thanks man i was woundering what to do with it

i simply pounded mine flat against the wheelwell with a BFH. :gee:

i'm sure notching would have made it easier on me. LOL :looser:

Back