• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front driveshaft vibration...

Tire rotation didn't help, and all the bearings are tight and fairly new. The pinion angle's still a little off, but I don't want to mess the caster up by adjusting it any more. I'm installing a manual hub kit this weekend, and that should solve the issue. :spin1:

Have you consider that the remaining vibration(cyclical drone) may be coming from the rear shaft? The vibrations on the front may have covered this up and now with the front shaft balanced, you might have slight pinion angle problems in the rear.

just a thought

MaXJohnson said:
Have you consider that the remaining vibration(cyclical drone) may be coming from the rear shaft? The vibrations on the front may have covered this up and now with the front shaft balanced, you might have slight pinion angle problems in the rear.

just a thought
With the front shaft out, there are no vibes...
It's got to be something touched by the front driveshaft.

What is the status on this problem, can you give us any more feedback? I have the same problem, vibrates with the front shaft in but not when out. Gets really annoying around 60-70mph but can be felt at lower speeds. New bearings in the pumpkin and new xfer case, all new U-joints, had shaft ballanced (it turns out it was .040 out at the slipyoke which was straightened and ballanced), did a sye and new rear shaft, (got all rear vibes eliminated so it isn't coming from the rear)

I am getting really tired of pulling the shaft and putting it in for every ride!!

Thanks

Back