• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Driveshaft Conversion

I picked up a front D/S from a 93 4cyl. 5 speed on sat. I have the yoke that Georgia Mike sold me. Is there anything else I might need? The D/S was already pulled and on a rack at the JY so I didn't get the bolts, will the ones from the flange on what's left of the CV shaft be the same and work or do I need to hunt down some from someplace? This d/s will be the right length won't it for my stock height 86 XJ... the write up from ghost in the tech section didn't really say.
Thanks,
Mike B.

Yes if you are not lifted and the stock components are all there then that D/S should bolt right in. The mount bolts are different on the yoke you had to the new yoke. The old yoke is a flange type and the new one is set up for the u-joint. There were pictures of both in the article. The bolts are different the flange is a nut mount and the u-joint uses straps and bolts. Any parts house like NAPA or Advanced etc. should have them in stock.

Great, all I'll need is the 4 bolts then for up at the yoke on the tcase end. I suppose the axle yoke and the t case yoke should be 90* from each other like the rear shaft.
Thanks,
Mike B.

Back