• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front drive shaft in rear with 8.8

andrew fleming

NAXJA Forum User
i did a search and did not find any thing on some one using a front drive shaft and a 8.8. i have a 93 aw4 4.5 re and was going to swap a 8.8 in. has any one ever done this. would this work?

Have an SYE? I do and I bolted a front shaft right in no problems.

Well It depends I guess. I found that XJs came with two different lenght front shafts. My jeep requires the long one on both ends. I have found the shorter front shaft in automatic and 5-speed XJs. Luckily my friends with short arm w/o drop brackets could use the short front shaft and I could steal the long DS :)

BlueCuda said:
Well It depends I guess. I found that XJs came with two different lenght front shafts. My jeep requires the long one on both ends. I have found the shorter front shaft in automatic and 5-speed XJs. Luckily my friends with short arm w/o drop brackets could use the short front shaft and I could steal the long DS :)
Have any more info about that? What other combos came with the short and long ones. Are you saying it depends on the jeep, if the front shaft is longer or shorter? Or that both the autos and sticks had short shafts? What else would it have then?

I don't remember the measurments.

I got a short one from a 91 4.0L AX-15 XJ and from an 89 XJ waggy auto with 242.

Back