• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fridge slider

claytoga

NAXJA Forum User
I haven't been able to find some good instructions on the best way to install a fridge slider in the back of my Jeep. Do I need to pull the gas tank and if so is this hard to do? or can I just screw it into the rear cargo floor?

I'm not sure I know what that is mate. If it slides out past your bumper though you will need to drop your tank and use some fender washers and lock nuts to do the job right.

I suspect you knew that anyway but was trying to get out of it if you could.

Interesting. A couple questions:

1) How many bolts are meant to hold this thing to the deck, and what size? That might help - if there are enough bolts to spread the clamp load, it may be possible to use some sort of "nutsert" or something similar to Hella's "Bumper Molly" mount - which can be inserted through the topside.

2) Will any "adjustment" of installed height be necessary? I'm asking because I can't get a good enough look - nor do they say - to see if it will clear the rear moulding around the liftgate opening. If you have to add shims or spacers, this can affect how you will mount the thing - very important!

3) Does this outfit have a US arm - or just in ANZ? I'd like to take a better look at their line myself, but I'd not like to have to pay shipping from the Antipodes for just the one order - that would hurt!

5-90

Or you could put it on a false floor, here's mine, it holds a 50lt Waeco fridge/freezer. The cover over the fridge slide is to stop it rattling when there is no fridge on it.

aaa.jpg

aaf.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Aaron D said:
i don't get the hole fridge thing

Well when I tour it's not unusual to do 10000km in 4 weeks, I've even done over 3000km without seeing a single sealed road. A fridge is a necessity when your away from civilization for that long. I even get the meat criovacced (sp) to keep it fresh longer without freezing it.

Cheers
Steve

Well...Aaron, Australia, like the U.S.A. is a big country with rather large distances inbetween the states and cities. Ice in a cooler melts and the drinks don't stay cold. This is especially a nuisance if your road trip is at least 1 day long. Anyone who has ever driven long distances over arid terrain (like in Baja or SoCal to Colorado) or ESPECIALLY driving across Texas can appreciate cold beer (or water) even on arrival. I don't imagine its practical for camping though, as it would drain your battery.

bajacalal said:
Well...Aaron, Australia, like the U.S.A. is a big country with rather large distances inbetween the states and cities. Ice in a cooler melts and the drinks don't stay cold. This is especially a nuisance if your road trip is at least 1 day long. Anyone who has ever driven long distances over arid terrain (like in Baja or SoCal to Colorado) or ESPECIALLY driving across Texas can appreciate cold beer (or water) even on arrival. I don't imagine its practical for camping though, as it would drain your battery.

I spend time on Fraser island off Queensland (10 days at a time). Run the fridge off a battery pack for 2 days and charge with the generator. Just need to hold the fridge down when driving. Thanks for all the suggestions

bajacalal said:
I don't imagine its practical for camping though, as it would drain your battery.

That's why I run a dual battery setup, the fridge will run for a couple of days once cold without starting the Jeep that way, if you do a few KM's a day then the second battery charges up and you're fine again for another couple of days.

Cheers
Steve

Back