• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Free CNC machining!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SYE output for pre 96's

I get the first one.. you can profit off the rest
JeepSYETransfercaseSealHousing.jpg

SYE output for pre 96's

I get the first one.. you can profit off the rest
JeepSYETransfercaseSealHousing.jpg

Okay heres the deal with this part:

-if ironoffroad (sp?) sells them for $40, I cant really beat that by much, so I dont know why someone wouldnt just buy it from them. I could maybe do $30 each

-i need to be able to test out whatever I make on my jeep. can I bolt this up or is it part of a kit of some kind? (at the minimum it needs a seal right?)

-im not sure if I can hold the +0/-.002" tolerances on the seal bore. i might be able to using a boring tool, I just dont know...actually I probably can with the boring tool..

-this part requires two sided machining, so two fixtures..its a couple days work, and about $80 in materials and tools...I definitely need to know that people would be interested in buying it before I could start on it.

LOL I think the point of this is to make new stuff, innovative stuff, like shown in his pics. Not try to lowball a company that already makes XJ parts at a decent price.

agreed..if they were selling it for $100 maybe that would make sense to try and make a $30 one..but they are selling it for $40 and that seems like a deal to me for a machined custom part

lol the idea im most excited about so far is the sunvisor clip..hehe..im gunna make that thing so strong you can use it as a tow hook!! sick of them breaking!!

btw naxja doesnt like this thread and wants me to pay $150 and limit it to 2 posts a day so oh well..it was a nice idea..guess ill go back to the dodge forums and give them free machining and new parts for their cars lol

btw naxja doesnt like this thread and wants me to pay $150 and limit it to 2 posts a day so oh well..it was a nice idea..guess ill go back to the dodge forums and give them free machining and new parts for their cars lol

NAXJA has very specific rules regarding the solicitation of members.

You broke the rules. I approached you and told you I was willing to work with you. I cannot let non-vendors solicit on the board, that is the bottom line.

For those unfamiliar with the rules:

There shall be NO solicitation of our members by Forum participants except in those Forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted.

Participants shall not use the Forum to publish or discuss any information regarding their product or services, or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services they are, or have been, associated with. This includes, but is not limited to, suggesting your own services, or services of partners, clients, employers or friends. The Advertising Forums are for advertising.

Participants shall not use the General Forums in any manner intended or creating the potential for commercial gain.

Participants shall not post to the Forums solely to direct others to any pages at their own commercial web site, including informational pages.
Participants shall not use the Forum solely to direct others to any pages, which they have commercial interests in; these include commission or referral hyperlinks.

Participants, who are associated with a Vendor, manufacturer, or any company that advertises their services on this forum, shall not use the Main Forums to direct others to the Advertising Forums or to the web site of the Vendor or manufacturer with whom they are associated.

Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without justification for those opinions expressed. This includes companies recommending other companies.

Participants may not solicit the membership for feedback or suggestions on their commercial product or services.

Participants may not post any commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the Forum. This includes the Advertising Forums.

Participants may only discuss details about their company and/or product offerings when the thread starter or poster has made direct reference to their company and (a) stated something untrue or misleading, or (b) stated something that clearly needs clarifying, or (c) specifically asked for information about the product or company. The response must be in direct reference to the point discussed only and shall contain no added promotional information and/or fluff.

This thread violates at least two of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back