• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fordyce Creek

LLlhiteBoy said:
Hey flame all u want but that axel held up for over 3 years. I am in the process of building a rear axel anyways.

Bah, dont get too bent outa shape. One thing you will quickly learn (if you already haven't), is that if you spend time or money on something that isn't 'near perfect' you will hear about it. I should know - i put leafs up front. Im pretty sure that makes me the resident loser.:looser:

But the good thing is that many of these guys know what works and they have some good advice for many of the rest of us.

-jm

Last edited:
HTeK said:
if you spend time or money on something that isn't 'near perfect' you will hear about it.
I don't think that was why people gave me a hard time, when I would build/buy something that is junk. I think the point that people try to get across is don't build junk. if I spend 3 or 4 days (4 weekends) working on my rig to get it ready to go, sometimes I take time off work, I spend big $ on gas just to get out to the trail. All that to spend my day pulling someone back out after we have not even gone one mile!

I don't think the posts that point out a really bad idea — like running 37's on a c-clip 28 spline Ford Ranger 8.8 — is a bad thing to do. It might hurt someones EGO, but others will learn NOT to do this, and this helps others to learn.

Here are some things people learned from me:
Don't air down to 10 PSI on stock tires and rims:
standard.jpg

Don't air down to 10 PSI on Steal rims:
47b5df38b3127cce9e96590f0b7200000016108UaNmrRo24

Don't let others tighten your fan belt:
47b5dc03b3127cce903ebe36cbf900000016108UaNmrRo24

Don't get five rigs stuck in the snow/mud side by side:
47b5dc03b3127cce903eb7fa8ba900000016108UaNmrRo24

Don't use High Jack lifts:
47b4d907b3127cce9a5243bc733c00000016108UaNmrRo24

Don't air your beadlocks to 2 PSI
standard.jpg

Don't turn your moter off when your deep in mud, unless you don't like your clutch and starter:
standard.jpg

Don't flop in the mud:
picture.JPG

Don't drive on a broken axle, it can sheer your ball joints off
47b4d907b3127cce9a5243b0733000000016108UaNmrRo24

Don't offer to check her PSI:
standard.jpg

I know there are LOTS of other mistakes I have made, that most here would LOVE to point out. I lived no one died and it is not a big deal, and I lost what little I had of an ego some time back. But if it was me that had to help you get off the trail and kill my weekend because of a junk axle with no spairs, I would have been really upset.

All the strength of a D35 and all the clearance of an 8.8?

Letterman said:
Don't offer to check her PSI:
standard.jpg
:laugh3: That was funny as hell.

Letterman said:
But if it was me that had to help you get off the trail and kill my weekend because of a junk axle with no spairs, I would have been really upset.

Good point, this is why we as a group have minimum requirements for some of our chapter runs. Nobody wants to bring along "that guy" and ruin the weekend for everyone, or at the very least the few that are willing to help out. Go out have fun, and build your junk so you don't have these sort of problems when trying to enjoy yourself on the trail.

This isn't flaming, it is teaching people to learn from the mistakes made by others.

Sorry Jim - I didnt mean to put you out there for ridicule like that - just poke a little fun...

did you guys at least make it out to the *ahem* topless bars in Reno that you were talking about? :D

Hey man its all good. We looked at our wallets and said Reno was out of the question:doh: but we went to Sac and had a good drunken night of fun.

Back