• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford Ranger VS Jeep XJ

Around here all the prerunner type stuff is Rangers. I guess it's just popular like that. My friend Johnny has a real nice Ranger he caged and all that stuff. I don't know the specs but it's built real nice. My Jeep wouldn't compare to it but then again I never built it with soft suspension and good shocks and all that, I wanted it to be stiff as heck.
I wonder if a ZJ would be good for a prerunner since it is coils all around and the v8 would be nice.
I wish there were more sub-forums dealing with other types of racing and building these XJs since the XJ is very versatile.

Great advise thank you! What about the leaf springs that come wiht the full traction kit? From what i have read Deavers are the way to go?

X2, I also want to know if FT Leafs are any good. Im ordering leafs in 2 weeks, dont know what to go with yet. I want something that cycles as smoothly as Jims and dont beat the hell out of ya as bad

I run the FT leafs and coils, they work ok, I just need to get more up-travel and change my rear shock locations. My front works killer, the rear suck's right now.

I like Rangers but I like building pre-runner XJs because they are different, it seems like everyone has built rangers these days

what travel you run in the front?
sorry for all the questions.. but im currently trying to figure out what travel shocks to run in the front so trying to see what everyone else has got.
-Ryan

Yes, It's hard to beat Deaver or National. You get what you pay for with leafs.

Are the nationals a custom pack or do they have one they stock? Are they any cheaper then the deavers?

Back